Page 11 of 152 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    The anxiety continues

Some clean washing landed off the radiator onto the floor so I had to rewash. Some clean washing drying on the radiator touched my dining room chairs it was clean but I still get contamination thoughts yet it’s clean washing. Now if I wear clean clothes and sit on the chair I don’t worry but when it’s drying I do?

My thinking is becoming more irrational. Perhaps because am moving house the anxiety and ocd are a bit higher.

I worried when dirty washing contaminated stuff but I end up thinking clean washing can do the same how can I handle this ocd?
    Totally 1000% illogical like you are ok with giving your mother your old hoover as you believe that the new one is contaminated if that's the case the old one would be riddled with germs but that doesn't bother you? is this common with other ocd contamination people or is it rare cause it that doesn't sound like a common traite in some one with contamination issues, whats your thinking on this? You Still Need Help with these issues they aren't going anywhere till you get help you may get help online(tools) if you cant speak to someone face to face/phone etc what ever way you do it. you have start NOWATB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Totally 1000% illogical like you are ok with giving your mother your old hoover as you believe that the new one is contaminated if that's the case the old one would be riddled with germs but that doesn't bother you? is this common with other ocd contamination people or is it rare cause it that doesn't sound like a common traite in some one with contamination issues, whats your thinking on this? You Still Need Help with these issues they aren't going anywhere till you get help you may get help online(tools) if you cant speak to someone face to face/phone etc what ever way you do it. you have start NOWATB
    My issue is the cycle when ocd starts the anxiety makes me avoid like a ritual. Yes someone else said earlier it’s maybe not germs worrying me more perfectionism. I wish I could challenge these thoughts better to avoid buying as sadly the money is running out. I have resisted buying new drawers but what happens at moment my anxiety ocd shifts to something else so right now I have something on my mind all the time. Previously my ocd only comes along say a few times a week or less however right now I’m getting lots of random contamination thoughts.

Like I say I have found people with ocd clean stuff and feel better I can’t seem to find people like me who buy new stuff. If I could bleach items and feel better as much as it would be an inconvenience and not ideal atleast my bank balance would be better. Cleaning something would be progress for me right now..

I fear the chair legs are contaminated even though it was clean washing
    Last edited by phil06; 16-04-18 at 21:27.

My issue is the cycle when ocd starts the anxiety makes me avoid like a ritual. Yes someone else said earlier it’s maybe not germs worrying me more perfectionism. I wish I could challenge these thoughts better to avoid buying as sadly the money is running out. I have resisted buying new drawers but what happens at moment my anxiety ocd shifts to something else so right now I have something on my mind all the time. Previously my ocd only comes along say a few times a week or less however right now I’m getting lots of random contamination thoughts.

Like I say I have found people with ocd clean stuff and feel better I can’t seem to find people like me who buy new stuff. If I could bleach items and feel better as much as it would be an inconvenience and not ideal atleast my bank balance would be better. Cleaning something would be progress for me right now..
    It does point to a perfection traite the other behaviour is not the cause but still think you have some germ issues too. If you think bleaching will help then why not, but don't use household bleach you will have to buy new clothes, Use a laundry bleach like I say if you think its going to help good plus you will save money which is a added bonus ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    It does point to a perfection traite the other behaviour is not the cause but still think you have some germ issues too. If you think bleaching will help then why not, but don't use household bleach you will have to buy new clothes, Use a laundry bleach like I say if you think its going to help good plus you will save money which is a added bonus ATB
    Yes but at the moment I can’t get the idea into my head bleaching will relieve my anxiety basically only replacing items does.

Sadly I’ve almost run out of cash with the home move. I bought a lot of new stuff like lawnmowers and hoovers as I never wanted to use the old ones.

I worry if don’t replace some stuff the rooms will be contaminated like the carpets ect. I don’t know why though. I wrote spare room drawers on a note on one set but still worry the other two were in that bedroom with wash basket.

And yes if I did buy more furniture it’s not just money but takes more time to build it all back up. I want perfection in the house but can’t find it. I picked a new kitchen worktop but worry the colour won’t match so I’ve been stressed about that too.

But yes I may have to just make do with the new bed I got I would like to replace more but as funds are running out not good. Even if I replace later I’d see the place as contaminated anyway. If I did replace maybe another ocd will crop up. Luckily I don’t have the wash basket now so it will get easier for me.

But yes I can’t find logic in my head about the drawers if I put a note in them
    But ocd makes me doubt

Yes but at the moment I can’t get the idea into my head bleaching will relieve my anxiety basically only replacing items does.

Sadly I’ve almost run out of cash with the home move. I bought a lot of new stuff like lawnmowers and hoovers as I never wanted to use the old ones.

I worry if don’t replace some stuff the rooms will be contaminated like the carpets ect. I don’t know why though. I wrote spare room drawers on a note on one set but still worry the other two were in that bedroom with wash basket.

And yes if I did buy more furniture it’s not just money but takes more time to build it all back up. I want perfection in the house but can’t find it. I picked a new kitchen worktop but worry the colour won’t match so I’ve been stressed about that too.

But yes I may have to just make do with the new bed I got I would like to replace more but as funds are running out not good. Even if I replace later I’d see the place as contaminated anyway. If I did replace maybe another ocd will crop up. Luckily I don’t have the wash basket now so it will get easier for me.

But yes I can’t find logic in my head about the drawers if I put a note in them
    But ocd makes me doubt
    Nothing really to say apart from you are right OCD makes you doubt, so isn't it time to really seek out help even if you have to travel a little to get the help?? Now is the time as you will NOT get any better it's now up to you to decide what to do. ATB

Yes OCD will make you doubt, that's it's job. There comes a time you just have to tell it to sod off! It's up to you Phil. You need to take a stand. Waiting around for NHS help is just delaying things. It's you that needs to take charge of your head. When you finally run out if dosh, the OCD will rub it's hands with glee as you won't be able to keep buying stuff. Life is way more stressful if you're broke!!
    Come on Phil take control. You know you wanna

My iPad fell on the outside of my suitcase but I fear it’s contaminated as it carries dirty washing but I guess it carries clean washing too.

Also I got a new staff card at work i worry it’s dirty already as it was next to my old one which was washed in the machine.

And I worry the carpet is contaminated as some dirty washing has been on it

My ocd is playing up again

My partners overnight bag was on floor and a throw for a sofa was sitting on top this touched the my new hoover I now want to replace the hoover or I fear the carpets will be contaminated

The overnight bag is on the floor I tried to tell myself the hoover would have to go over this spot and it would be the same even if I got a new hoover?

I could just buy another brush https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00QKPUE...a-485922412237

Rather than new hoover as it landed there? Not sure it will fit though

Cleaning the existing brush might not help me as cleaning never helps
    Last edited by phil06; 30-04-18 at 07:53.

I opted to keep hoover for now but fear the carpets are contaminated. My partner says she’s wearing the clothes a second time so they are not quite dirty washing yet..

Phil Iam going to be perfectly blunt with you. 1. You will run out of money sooner than later do you really want this?? 2. Unless you get serious help for your OCD you will be posting the same old stuff on here years down the line, there are no other solutions right now, apart from getting some much needed help for your OCD, can you not see that?????
    Please get some help for your OCD..... ATB

Page 11 of 152 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread Information