Page 110 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1520

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Luckily I feel a bit better today

I have a bad cough though and I eat something and the food feels stuck In my throat even hours after eating I guess the cold has caused this? The doctor suggested it would take two weeks to recover tomorrow is 2 weeks.
    Maybe your throat is a bit inflamed by your cold/cough and that’s why it feels a bit scratchy.
    Viruses can last longer than 2 weeks, you’ll get better when you get better.

So I still have my bin anxiety. There is a bush behind my bins which needs trimmed but I can’t do it because I worry even if I shower green bin germs will be on me as it sort of touched the bush? I remember cutting it before and it bothered me less but my fear is touching it and it I get changed the clothes will have green bin germs and I will continue in this worry cycle.

I could leave the bush and hope it doesn’t grow taller?

Then you are avoiding and not facing the OCD and you need to be facing it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I take it you're feeling better Phil? I totally agree with Nic, by not trimming the hedge you're avoiding your anxiety and therefore making it worse. If you leave it, then it will of course grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    I take it you're feeling better Phil? I totally agree with Nic, by not trimming the hedge you're avoiding your anxiety and therefore making it worse. If you leave it, then it will of course grow.
    Yes my mind has swiftly went to other issues I mean today I heard somebody had a breakdown in the exact same location I had one a few years back find this kind of strange and fuels my suspicions and existence questions. I have been looking for a new job but I fear my free will won’t allow me to?

I take it you're feeling better Phil?
    It's almost better hearing him whine about a cold

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    It's almost better hearing him whine about a cold
    Agreed. Much easier than existential queries!

Phil, no-one in the entire world can give you definitive answers about free will vs determinism. If you decide to change jobs, you could argue that you decided to out of free will, or because it was your pre-determined destiny. I believe in free will, others don't. Nobody knows who is correct, so change jobs if you want to, and don't if you don't. Do trim that hedge though and don't avoid your contamination fears.

It's also worth paying attention to your recent health anxiety about your cold. You were convinced you were going to have it for months, and you didn't. There's a lesson to be learned there and applied to other situations.

I believe in free will, others don't.
    I believe in not caring

Phil, get and trim your bush. Everyone likes well trimmed bush

Yeah I mean the bush is a bit of a struggle for me right now I worry I need to dispose of the clothes. It makes it worse as I blocked the toilet again so had to bin another plunger.

The ocd is a real battle I still refuse to touch my parents car door and that happened weeks ago. It’s sort of frustrating because I’m not getting better right now it’s just a daily struggle each new day bringing more ocd and more worries.

I really dont know how I can bring the ocd under more control. Not much will make me think the bins are clean but the bin and toilet germs in the bin has caused about 80% of my ocd in the past few months. I feel I need a strategy to cope better with these worries as it’s not ideal not touching my parents car door?

The problem of course is that you're not receptive to "strategies" and posting on here has become just another repetitive behaviour.

Why not have a go at working on your own strategy based on your own terms? You don't have to do things by the book and it's free. And you don't have to keep posting on here either documenting your issues which is hardly helping you to make any progress at all.

Page 110 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast

Thread Information