Page 111 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1520

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    The problem of course is that you're not receptive to "strategies" and posting on here has become just another repetitive behaviour.

Why not have a go at working on your own strategy based on your own terms? You don't have to do things by the book and it's free. And you don't have to keep posting on here either documenting your issues which is hardly helping you to make any progress at all.
    Sometimes my ocd is better sometimes it’s worse I mean there is times I can handle a situation and not post. Other times I can’t.

I mean not going to CBT I can save money that’s a bonus but perhaps I need to buy more books and stuff to help with the ocd? I mean the replacing issue I do this occasionally but I avoid stuff daily I would say one of my biggest issues is avoidance of something and if I do I wash my hands?

I mean it’s bad I can’t even cut the garden bush without worrying I probably did in the past and I Duno what I done with my clothe but now I fear if I put my clothes on the ground it will have green bin toilet germs on it? This is what the ocd keeps telling me.

I mean it’s bad I can’t even cut the garden bush without worrying I probably did in the past and I Duno what I done with my clothe but now I fear if I put my clothes on the ground it will have green bin toilet germs on it? This is what the ocd keeps telling me.
    Phil, do you understand this, as Pulisa said all you are doing is documenting the 'worry of the day'? We know your problems, you know your problems, you have contamination OCD. Writing them all out day by day, on here, makes no difference at all. Why not instead tell us about what small positive step you have taken that day to address your issues ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Phil, do you understand this, as Pulisa said all you are doing is documenting the 'worry of the day'? We know your problems, you know your problems, you have contamination OCD. Writing them all out day by day, on here, makes no difference at all. Why not instead tell us about what small positive step you have taken that day to address your issues ?
    Well I am hoping to not let the ocd win and cut the bush back but I don’t know when. There has been small steps but not enough.

Don't plan a "when".

I hope I can cut the bush I mean it’s over grown I may have no choice

I have become sucked up in my existence and free will worries. I hate making choices as I fear I have no choice it’s pretty awful when I go down that path of thinking. I can see it’s not healthy to think you are controlled some people seem at peace with that idea but I wouldn’t be.

I am unsure how I will beat these existence ideas.

It feels like I have the doubting disease I never trusted that my partner washed her hands after bin other day. Today I worried I never showered after getting rid of yet another toilet plunger. I have all the memories of getting undressed and going for the shower but the ocd keeps doubting and saying I spread the germs all over the house.

This is the nature of my ocd when my mind is free of it for 5 mins it makes up more worries my ocd seem so like a conveyor belt and it needs more worries and more and more. I fear I can never break free from these worries? Doubting is one of my biggest issues right now

That's the nature of OCD in general, and other anxiety disorders.

You can break free from it, but only by actually doing something about it. What are the small steps forward you've made?

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    That's the nature of OCD in general, and other anxiety disorders.

You can break free from it, but only by actually doing something about it. What are the small steps forward you've made?
    I struggle to see what small steps I take other than sometimes the thoughts don’t win if I don’t replace something. It’s usually a result if I forget one of my ocd issues because sometimes they linger for months and I avoid stuff. My fear is the ocd level got so bad it won’t go back down again?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    My fear is the ocd level got so bad it won’t go back down again?
    Try this Phil. You typically end many of your posts and sentences with a "?". End them with a "." instead and make them a statement as opposed to a reassurance seeking question. It's a small thing but the meaning speaks volumes.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

What happened to you practicing exposure?

Page 111 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast

Thread Information