Page 113 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1520

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    You're starting to make very little sense, Phil. Calm down and engage your brain.
    All I can say is my ocd has been extreme today I showered 3 times I am unsure why it’s so high? I need a solution to the ocd as I know it’s not great. The other day at work I was feeling ok and the ocd thoughts came and I felt anxious and like I was going crazy? At the moment I am not using any self help but perhaps I need to do some more to see some improvements

Of course you do! How in the world do you think you'll ever get better if you don't actually try to?

Nothing we say will make the slight bit of difference so why not just accept the fact that this is your life with OCD now and you have chosen it so will have to just put up with it.

I can't see how you can possibly expect anyone here to help as you won't listen to any advice so it is just wasted time on both accounts.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Nothing we say will make the slight bit of difference so why not just accept the fact that this is your life with OCD now and you have chosen it so will have to just put up with it.

I can't see how you can possibly expect anyone here to help as you won't listen to any advice so it is just wasted time on both accounts.
    Well I have to keep trying to defeat the ocd. I find it hard to take the advice onboard that’s the problem I’m deep down the rabbit hole and yes I admit sometimes that something can be said and I feel better but I don’t often report back when I feel something has helped. Obviously my goal is to not require the advice long term and some how manage better myself.

I am trying to figure out what’s keeping me in this cycle given the wedding is over but I am unsure why.

Are you trying to defeat the OCD though? You quit therapy, you're not doing any self help, and don't take advice on board.

OCD is a debilitating condition and it makes me feel sad sometimes reading how much you're struggling, but it really will only get worse if you do nothing about it. No-one's suggesting it's easy.

At the moment I am not using any self help but perhaps I need to do some more to see some improvements

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Well I have to keep trying to defeat the ocd.
    Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    At the moment I am not using any self help but perhaps I need to do some more to see some improvements
    These 2 quotes say a lot.......you have to keep trying to defeat OCD?????.. so you aren't trying at all

honest question for you......why are you posting asking for help when you can't actually bothered to take any of the advice and help yourself?? what is the point in you posting? what is the point in us replying to you?

To be completely honest I think that you are taking the **** posting on here and then announcing that you aren't actually trying to help yourself so won't actually take any advice given to you..... I think people should feel annoyed at you for completely wasting their time in actually replying to you. (my personal thoughts and not my admin head thoughts)

In fact I think us replying to you is feeding your OCD as it just makes you post on here more and we shoud stop as it REALLY isn't helping your OCD posting on forums habit....... we are just helping it along and causing you to give in to your OCD posting tendancies so I apologise to you Phil we need to stop feeding your ocd......maybe we delete any replies you get on your threads, that way we aren't helping your OCD take over.
    Last edited by venusbluejeans; 25-08-19 at 23:38.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    These 2 quotes say a lot.......you have to keep trying to defeat OCD?????.. so you aren't trying at all

honest question for you......why are you posting asking for help when you can't actually bothered to take any of the advice and help yourself?? what is the point in you posting? what is the point in us replying to you?

To be completely honest I think that you are taking the **** posting on here and then announcing that you aren't actually trying to help yourself so won't actually take any advice given to you..... I think people should feel annoyed at you for completely wasting their time in actually replying to you. (my personal thoughts and not my admin head thoughts)

In fact I think us replying to you is feeding your OCD as it just makes you post on here more and we shoud stop as it REALLY isn't helping your OCD posting on forums habit....... we are just helping it along and causing you to give in to your OCD posting tendancies so apologies Phil we need to stop feeding your ocd......maybe we delete any replies you get on your threads, that way we aren't helping your OCD take over.
    I 200% agree. The reassurance and in fact any reply to serial posters like Phil just feeds their mental illness and is actually part of their mental illness BUT.... if you do this to stop the OCD reassurance seeking behavior of Phil, it needs to be done in kind to several other serial posters (and you know full well who they are).

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 25-08-19 at 23:59.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post

In fact I think us replying to you is feeding your OCD as it just makes you post on here more and we shoud stop as it REALLY isn't helping your OCD posting on forums habit....... we are just helping it along and causing you to give in to your OCD posting tendancies so I apologise to you Phil we need to stop feeding your ocd......maybe we delete any replies you get on your threads, that way we aren't helping your OCD take over.
    If you do then you need to define why & when. I personally don't want to see a culture of blocking people off because certain other people on NMP don't like to see their posts. We've been through all this so many times on here and with some it has got to the point of calls for bans and I don't believe it is always about the person's health and more about certain people not liking certain things as can be seen with arguments like "for the good of the forum" which just reminds me of "think of the children".

Simple. Don't post. Let those who want to, do.

Reassurance is certainly an issue but change how you reply. Replying is not just feeding something, unless everyone thinks every doctor and therapist is also an enabler?

You may also want to think about deleting, or rather censoring, the replies of others. It could isolate the OP and it will likely annoy the person taking their time to help too.

OK, to be fair phil you are doing some things e.g. you cut the bush when you could have not, you stopped getting out of the shower to wash, etc. But there is a lot more you need to do and keep doing it. I feel you are just bouncing around with now plan. Firefighting doesn't work.

You have books, have a read of them. Why buy more when you already likely have much of the self help there is? A large number of the self help market books are rehashes of everything that came before. I saw one just the other day in Tesco, an ex sufferers book, and what sprang to my mind was he was in the media already so can churn out a rehash of a million books that came before him. Why feed their pockets, it ended years ago when the likes of Paul David published. Much if Claire Weekes is all anyone needs although with OCD things have moved on and there are other things to try too.

CBT has it's forms but you don't need 100 different books to explain that, much of which is free online anyway. If it's a different CBT form (e.g. ACT) then obviously you need to purchase it but otherwise there may be little difference.

I have always believed anyone who buys book after book is searching for cures. Commit to one.

Page 113 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast

Thread Information