Page 115 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1520

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Serious question, Phil, with no malice intended.

Do you think that posting on here is a compulsion for you? Sometimes (and I know I could be wrong, which is why I'm asking) I get the impression that posting your concerns might act as some sort of a pressure release valve in and of itself.

No I don’t think it’s a compulsion because basically what happens if I don’t post is I worry and don’t see things rationally. Without help I can’t see things In a rational way and I replace stuff.

But you replace stuff regardless

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    But you replace stuff regardless

Positive thoughts
    I wanted to replace the washing line but I opted to keep the washing and not bin it despite wanting to. I am not happy I can see nothing can reach the washing line but my ocd still says otherwise due to the task of opening the bin lid contaminating.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I wanted to replace the washing line but I opted to keep the washing and not bin it despite wanting to. I am not happy I can see nothing can reach the washing line but my ocd still says otherwise due to the task of opening the bin lid contaminating.
    That's a positive for sure but did posting didn't stop you. You battled that one on your own

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I wanted to replace the washing line but I opted to keep the washing and not bin it despite wanting to.
    That's great Phil I know it is making you feel uncomfortable but just try to accept those feelings until they pass. Well done too for cutting the hedge. A whole bottle of shower gel wasn't necessary, nor was binning the clothes, but small steps are still steps.

No I don’t think it’s a compulsion because basically what happens if I don’t post is I worry and don’t see things rationally. Without help I can’t see things In a rational way and I replace stuff.
    Which makes it a compulsion. If you don't post you can't tolerate the worry not posting causes.

Whether it's reassurance seeking, validation of feared possibilities or the need for someone to validate a response because you don't trust your own mind - its a compulsion.

Simple example from my time. My dad says something, I hear it but my subconscious questions whether I truly heard it and makes me worry. Answer = ask him to repeat it. What happened? I did it more & more. I didn't trust myself in some cases, in others needed to ensure I heard 100% of all things ever said (Perfectionism in play) and couldn't tolerate the internal tension caused by my subconscious wanting it.

So, what is the lesson for you here? That you need to listen less to nonsense from the subconscious and trust more in your logical, conscious mind? That just because your body feels uncomfortable it doesn't change facts or reality?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    So, what is the lesson for you here? That you need to listen less to nonsense from the subconscious and trust more in your logical, conscious mind? That just because your body feels uncomfortable it doesn't change facts or reality?
    The ocd still wins I have decided to dispose of all the tea towels from the line.

I battle these ocd thoughts daily will I ever be free of these thoughts? Each day it’s something new?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

The ocd still wins I have decided to dispose of all the tea towels from the line.

I battle these ocd thoughts daily will I ever be free of these thoughts? Each day it’s something new?
    To "battle" means you fight. What do you do to fight your OCD thoughts? Sitting back and doing nothing apart from ruminating will mean your OCD ALWAYS wins

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 115 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast

Thread Information