Page 120 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1520

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

My ocd has been playing up again. A tiny piece of used toilet paper I kicked it in the bathroom and i put my foot on the table my fear is germs have spread the coffee table has drawers so I worry the contents are dirty. I already feared the table is dirty and never replaced it after my mum done a wash at her house and never washed her hands and touched the table. Could the contents of the drawer be dirty? The contents being my keys wallet and iPad?

So where do i go from here? Not having therapy now so things not getting much better.

My ocd has still been bad bought 3 SIM cards. I still have the solipsism. I still have the fear of flying and fear if London. I travel to London next month do I try central London to break my fear? I think I need to tackle these thoughts head on but it's very hard. I have become afraid to go near my partner after she's been to the bin I need to wash my hands more. She pointed at my iPad and I worried as she went close to it. Bin germs even if ahe washed her hands.

So so yeah basically I feel no progress. Im pondering booking flights but still living in fear. Of booking and the actual flight. I did get a new iPad which may distract me on flight. I said to my partner when I was younger I even had a fear of train and would have a panic attack.

I have so much going on my days at work have changed too. I still have flu to the degree my ear has popped and I still have cough. I thought I would post it here rather than start multiple topics. Basically the solipsism thing I can't shake it off daily I actually don't believe people are real living a life like me it doesn't make sense for it to exist in my head but I'm down rage rabbit hole right now. If I fly it's not safe if u go to London it's not safe? I feel in a muddle.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    So where do i go from here?
    Back to page 1 are start reading the replies? Then perhaps we can talk about any problems with trying techniques?

Yes. You have a 'self-help book' right here. Go back, read this thread in full.

You are now at the point of fearing your partner has germs and not letting them touch you, thats pretty awful! Please Phil, don't consider children at this point, just DON'T.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Yes. You have a 'self-help book' right here. Go back, read this thread in full.

You are now at the point of fearing your partner has germs and not letting them touch you, thats pretty awful! Please Phil, don't consider children at this point, just DON'T.
    Yes it’s pretty awful like today I couldn’t pick up my new phone as I sold a plunger at my work and I often shower after selling those. This is how bad my ocd is.

Problem my ocd is out of control with my anxiety I have used tools to manage it the ocd however nothing is working therapy books what hope is there?

I think the problem is that you perhaps think this will all just pass. It's been said before. OCD and anxiety disorders don't just pass, they breed and get worse unless you stamp on them. You can only stamp on them with determination and real hard work.

Your worries jump from germs to London to flying to philosophy. Why not pick one area to work on and focus on that? I'd have thought that being afraid to go near your wife would be the most important place to start.

What do you think is the best way forward?

When you see the new psychiatrist you should be very open about how your OCD affects every aspect of your life. You should ask for a full assessment of your mental health issues and ask for a review of the risperidone.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    When you see the new psychiatrist you should be very open about how your OCD affects every aspect of your life. You should ask for a full assessment of your mental health issues and ask for a review of the risperidone.
    I dont like change they did insist on Lithium but I never fancied that. The other med has been reduced but I’ve stayed on this dose for two years atleast and been fine no bipolar issues so the med must work?

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    I think the problem is that you perhaps think this will all just pass. It's been said before. OCD and anxiety disorders don't just pass, they breed and get worse unless you stamp on them. You can only stamp on them with determination and real hard work.

Your worries jump from germs to London to flying to philosophy. Why not pick one area to work on and focus on that? I'd have thought that being afraid to go near your wife would be the most important place to start.

What do you think is the best way forward?
    You are right. Even today I was saying if I go on the London tube I will then fly. You say I expect it to all go away well yes I do because often with my anxiety and ocd it does just go away one day it’s been that way in the past. The fears of flying I was saying the same stuff when I avoided flying 5 years ago. If I do decide to fly it’s fact in 5 years I will worry again and ask the same questions? I know this isn’t practical to go on like this.

I go back to before I moved house my ocd was much more mild. I had no Cbt at that stage yet it did just go away or settle down. I’ve said before how relaxation and anxiety stuff seems to make my ocd go away rather than exposure therapy. I’ve said before my day I battle many ocd thoughts and do beat them but I remain stuck on a few each day. Perhaps I need help with the stuck part?

Goes away but then comes back with avengence so what does that tell you? does it say that ignoring it in the hope that is suddenly goes away and doesn't come back works? It doesn't work like that that is never going to happen

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Page 120 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast

Thread Information