Page 121 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1520

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Perhaps I need help with the stuck part?
    Why not start with stopping the reassurance seeking question marks "?" You may not think it makes a difference but it does to those reading your posts/threads.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    You are right. Even today I was saying if I go on the London tube I will then fly. You say I expect it to all go away well yes I do because often with my anxiety and ocd it does just go away one day it’s been that way in the past. The fears of flying I was saying the same stuff when I avoided flying 5 years ago. If I do decide to fly it’s fact in 5 years I will worry again and ask the same questions? I know this isn’t practical to go on like this.

I go back to before I moved house my ocd was much more mild. I had no Cbt at that stage yet it did just go away or settle down. I’ve said before how relaxation and anxiety stuff seems to make my ocd go away rather than exposure therapy. I’ve said before my day I battle many ocd thoughts and do beat them but I remain stuck on a few each day. Perhaps I need help with the stuck part?
    It doesn't go away though, does it? Otherwise you wouldn't be here with these same worries. Sure, it might ease up for a bit, but like Venus said, it comes straight back again. It will continue for as long as you leave it unchallenged.

From what I remember, you moved house because of the OCD. You're now afraid to go near the woman you've just married. I don't in any way mean to be unkind, but it doesn't seem like it's going to just go away.

i totally agree with Pulisa and hope that your new psychiatrist does a full assessment to allow you to get the right help.

I know you don't like change, Phil but I reckon the new psychiatrist may be able to help you more than your previous one but you have to be open and honest with him/her as to the extent of your difficulties. Yes you have a house, a job and a wife but let's face it, life is terrifying for you when it's packed full of challenges and fears and you use a forum purely to document all these issues which you blank out and can't address.

I know you'll ignore and blank out this too and come back on with a new set of worries in due course.

I wish you luck with your new psychiatrist,it is up too you to put the hard yards in and keep going don’t cave in.
    A house,job and what sounds like a patient caring wife,if you don’t keep up therapy you might wake up one day and have nothing.
    Good Luck

Problem is my ocd keeps finding new scenarios. I was scared to touch a key at my partners parents house the tonight as I blocked a toilet there once before. Also I put some used kitchen paper on the work top I worried after she binned it in the small bin my ocd said it was from the wheelie bin. Then I worried my phone was dirty after touching the work top. This is how my ocd I operated it finds new ways to trouble me mostly about my the same issues?

It will continue to find new scenarios until you decide to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    It will continue to find new scenarios until you decide to do something about it.
    But the bins and toilet germs cause me anxiety there is no way out ?

Yes, there's a way out, but only with hard work and determination

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    Yes, there's a way out, but only with hard work and determination
    Unfortunately Phil is of the opinion that if he ignores his ocd then it will disappear so hard work and determination won't happen with him

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I think you're right Venus. I just keep hoping somehow we'll get through, but am probably wasting my time, like so many others who've tried to help. Really sad though.

Page 121 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast

Thread Information