Page 122 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1520

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Yeah it is sad but we can only do so much and then the person has to help themselves and Phil never will.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    I think you're right Venus. I just keep hoping somehow we'll get through, but am probably wasting my time, like so many others who've tried to help. Really sad though.
    It is sad.... To recover from mental illness you need to be ready and willing to help yourself and admit that to yourself that it is yourself who needs to do it and no one else..... unfortunately Phil isn't ready to admit that to himself.... hopefully one day

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    Unfortunately Phil is of the opinion that if he ignores his ocd then it will disappear so hard work and determination won't happen with him
    13 years and SSDD on several forums affirms this. He can't even post without a reassurance seeking "?".

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Problem is my ocd keeps finding new scenarios. I was scared to touch a key at my partners parents house the tonight as I blocked a toilet there once before. Also I put some used kitchen paper on the work top I worried after she binned it in the small bin my ocd said it was from the wheelie bin. Then I worried my phone was dirty after touching the work top. This is how my ocd I operated it finds new ways to trouble me mostly about my the same issues?
    Why would you expect it to stick to certain things only? Everything under the umbrella or Contamination is a possibility for you, everything under the umbrella of Perfectionism is a possibility for you and everything under the umbrella of OCD is also possible for you.

The point of sorting this is not to firefight symptoms, you tackle the root.

I suggest you look at examples of the Vicious Flower used in therapy because it shows you just why what you seem to expect OCD to operate isn't how it works.

I think you also need to consider how you apply techniques because whilst you have exposed yourself to triggers that's where you then stop. You are viewing exposure, in my opinion, like what we used to see on those old phobia TV programmes where they hold the spider once and then pronounce they are cured. Exposure is about increasing it through a structured approach in ERP which is more efficient for anxiety disorders. But you have to keep doing it and yes it may not actually work or do very little and you may have to do it all the time (I've had to many daily for years to get to the place I want to be because the rest of my anxiety was always going to keep it all high and stop me eliminating things fully).

Since I got my new phone I have worried about six times. Tonight I worried I had not been to the toilet all day and my backside had a slight strain so I worried my phone has poop on it as it was in my pocket with my wallet too. It’s difficult to control these issues as I could buy a new phone and it could happen again. It probably has happened before but my ocd is sensitive as I have a new item. My ocd has went on the journey how everything I touch after my phone could have poop germs?

My partner said the ocd has got worse and thinks I need therapy but that’s more money and I stopped it as it wasn’t working is it worth seeing her again?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    is it worth seeing her again?
    what do you think?

you can stay as you are with ocd taking over or get help..... your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    what do you think?

you can stay as you are with ocd taking over or get help..... your choice.
    But will it work I know people say do the work but I believe it’s worse now but it’s a financial drain as the nhs won’t help. I mean how many more £40 pound sessions do I go to for what a slight improvement?

completely your choice, no one can make the decision as to if you want to be proactive apart from you

If you don't put the work in then you won't get results. You can't expect to just pay to see someone and they cure you overnight.

It is your attitude towards it all that needs to change to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 122 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast

Thread Information