Page 13 of 152 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    The contamination issue has returned today.

Some rubbish was removed from my recycling by my parents and taken through the house and living room to the green bin at the back. They claim to have went via the back lane but they are lying as the backside key was used.

I was on the shower at the time so can’t be sure. Now yes I’m my old flat I had a side door rubbish went via the kitchen through the hall..

However my furniture is in the living room and I fear contamination?
    Come on Phil there will be no contamination to your furniture you really must get some help on this Logically think about it ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Come on Phil there will be no contamination to your furniture you really must get some help on this Logically think about it ATB
    Uncertainty ocd is my worst right now when I can’t see something happening this and solipsism.

My mum claimed to have only opened back door to look outside I can’t confirm this.

If the rubbish did enter the house how common is this for it to pass via people’s living rooms? My head tells me the actual room is contaminated I know this may round rash but this is my thinking.

My ocd has been quite bad that’s why I’ve opted to seek some help because I feel it’s causing me anxiety and I never feel relaxed.

Contamination ocd and perfection are one of my worst problems right now. Like I say I had the windows ocd for over a year so whist I forget many of these worries some i don’t.

I hope there’s some light at the end of this and I feel better. Rubbish and toilet germs are my concerns but like I don’t want to use “exposure” therapy e.g touching a toilet seat and not washing my hands if you know what I mean?

What type of rubbish did your Mum remove from the recycling to take to the green bin?
    I live in a terraced house, with no side entrance to the road. The recycling has to be taken, through the living room, into the hall where the recyling box is kept. I put a bin bag in the box & carry my recycling plus weekly rubbish (separately neatly tied up in a plastic bag), place it in the box & take both to the street on bin day. The thought has sometimes crossed my mind that the rubbish bag - may have touched the furniture But I'm careful & there's no liquid etc dribbling out of the bag. Its just anxiety needling me again.
    You are very safe. Please try not to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucinda07 View Post
    What type of rubbish did your Mum remove from the recycling to take to the green bin?
    I live in a terraced house, with no side entrance to the road. The recycling has to be taken, through the living room, into the hall where the recyling box is kept. I put a bin bag in the box & carry my recycling plus weekly rubbish (separately neatly tied up in a plastic bag), place it in the box & take both to the street on bin day. The thought has sometimes crossed my mind that the rubbish bag - may have touched the furniture But I'm careful & there's no liquid etc dribbling out of the bag. Its just anxiety needling me again.
    You are very safe. Please try not to worry.
    I think it was plastic not 100% sure don’t think it was very much. Still makes me a bit anxious like I say she says she never went via the livingroom
    But I’ve banned them visiting my house for the time being ..

Uncertainty ocd is my worst right now when I can’t see something happening this and solipsism.

My mum claimed to have only opened back door to look outside I can’t confirm this.

If the rubbish did enter the house how common is this for it to pass via people’s living rooms? My head tells me the actual room is contaminated I know this may round rash but this is my thinking.

My ocd has been quite bad that’s why I’ve opted to seek some help because I feel it’s causing me anxiety and I never feel relaxed.

Contamination ocd and perfection are one of my worst problems right now. Like I say I had the windows ocd for over a year so whist I forget many of these worries some i don’t.

I hope there’s some light at the end of this and I feel better. Rubbish and toilet germs are my concerns but like I don’t want to use “exposure” therapy e.g touching a toilet seat and not washing my hands if you know what I mean?
    Iam so glad you have opted to get some help it may be some exposure therapy Not really sure, what ever it is go with the flow and and you will get better When does this help start Phil? ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Iam so glad you have opted to get some help it may be some exposure therapy Not really sure, what ever it is go with the flow and and you will get better When does this help start Phil? ATB
    About a week and a half away.

Is exposure the only way to treat ocd?

The woman reckons a minimum of 6 sessions. I wonder how they will help me deal with the obtrusive thoughts?

About a week and a half away.

Is exposure the only way to treat ocd?

The woman reckons a minimum of 6 sessions. I wonder how they will help me deal with the obtrusive thoughts?
    No A.F.A.I.K there are other ways but discuss this with your therapist that's not far away then. As you have poured your heart out to us on here you will need to do the same at your sessions only 6 though? This can be extended though so make sure you ask about that at the assessment session you have suffered way too long so 6 sessions may not cut it there are also different levels of CBT Terry on here has a lot of useful knowledge regarding CBT You are going to have to work very hard with your therapist as a team to battle through this to make any head way ATB

You've banned your parents from your house?
    That comment alone ought to be enough for you to sort yourself out. I'd be heartbroken if I was banned from any of my kids houses :(

My partner put my old bathroom bin on the grass before chucking it in wheelie bin I’m worried the grass will become contaminated with lawnmower?

My partner put my old bathroom bin on the grass before chucking it in wheelie bin I’m worried the grass will become contaminated with lawnmower?
    Phil try and stop this irrational/illogical thinking, not sure how the lawnmower comes in to the picture? If the old bathroom bin was (which I know it wasn't) contaminated then the grass would be contaminated so how could the lawn mower contaminate the grass which is already contaminated by the old bath room bin? You have no quality of life at the moment Phil write this stuff down and go through it step by step see if what you have posted just now really makes any sense even to you?? ATB

Page 13 of 152 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread Information