Page 14 of 152 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Question Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

So what may be contaminated grass or lawnmower ? I'm confused

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Phil, do you think grass, and a garden in general, is clean? Don't let these thoughts win, you've stopped them before e.g. getting out of the shower for the bum wiping.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Phil, do you think grass, and a garden in general, is clean? Don't let these thoughts win, you've stopped them before e.g. getting out of the shower for the bum wiping.
    Yes I just think the lawmmower would transfer the germs all over the grass. The wheelie bins were on the grass too but that doesn’t worry me as much. I’ve thought up two options I will probably use an old strimmer in that area or I will dig the grass up and reseed. Perhaps I may be able to just forget it like many of my other ocd worries.

My bathroom bin ocd came from when I stayed at my parents house I blocked toilets and the bin was used to put the blockage in.

I don’t use bathroom bins now but it was there when I moved in and I had some rubbish like old hand soaps in it.

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:24 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Phil try and stop this irrational/illogical thinking, not sure how the lawnmower comes in to the picture? If the old bathroom bin was (which I know it wasn't) contaminated then the grass would be contaminated so how could the lawn mower contaminate the grass which is already contaminated by the old bath room bin? You have no quality of life at the moment Phil write this stuff down and go through it step by step see if what you have posted just now really makes any sense even to you?? ATB
    My illogical thinking was been worse of late. Like I won’t give something to my parents incase I have something similar and worry that will become contaminated. Doesn’t make sense but my mind will stop me giving the item anyway and the ocd wins. That’s why I opted to try some therapy to help reduce it.

But don't you think grass is generally full of germs anyway? It's an irrational thought that doesn't need to be entertained because the area was already covered in germs.

It you do anything to make the grass "perfect" again it will only feed this obsession. It won't be clean anyway, only in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Yes I just think the lawmmower would transfer the germs all over the grass. The wheelie bins were on the grass too but that doesn’t worry me as much. I’ve thought up two options I will probably use an old strimmer in that area or I will dig the grass up and reseed. Perhaps I may be able to just forget it like many of my other ocd worries.

My bathroom bin ocd came from when I stayed at my parents house I blocked toilets and the bin was used to put the blockage in.

I don’t use bathroom bins now but it was there when I moved in and I had some rubbish like old hand soaps in it.

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:24 ----------

My illogical thinking was been worse of late. Like I won’t give something to my parents incase I have something similar and worry that will become contaminated. Doesn’t make sense but my mind will stop me giving the item anyway and the ocd wins. That’s why I opted to try some therapy to help reduce it.
    it's about not letting the OCD win well next time you have something for your parents give it to them. (not easy) Once you have done this once it will become easier. re the grass seriously there is no need to dig it up and re seed it leave it I promise you it will be fine and you will save money in the long run Glad you have opted for therapy go for it and get tools in place to help you through this bad bout of OCD you will feel so good about it ATB

I’ve spent all day work worrying about this how can I stop worrying? I can’t seem challenge these thoughts. I don’t know if I will reseed the grass or bleach it. Right now i feel it’s forever contaminated like how i felt with the windows for over a year. Sometime worry passes but I’ve seen me worrying about it years.

I’ve been worrying all day again

The issue is the bins have touched the grass and that doesn’t worry me only the bathroom bin. Now I never put anything contaminated in it but my fear is what was in it before? Toilet paper maybe unlikely? It was an old person who had the house before so maybe nothing of contamination?

I used the strimmer on that area today but I’m still worried the issue is I don’t think the house is “perfect anymore” and feel disgusted and have thoughts like nice house but spoiled now I’m not able to challenge these thoughts as the bin seemed contaminated in my head and I fear this worry could go on a while ..

---------- Post added at 21:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

My contamination worries continue I got new toilet paper and when you break bits off small bits have come off and hit my socks and I walked onto the carpet.

Also one of the holders hit the sink where I washed my hands so I fear germs also a holder hit the door I also fear germs.

Does anybody else have any issues with rubbish and toilet germs going through the house?

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

I’m annoyed as I always seem to find these contaminated situations ..

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

Maybe my carpet is contaminated now? It’s never long before my whole house is contaminated

It's not contaminated

The thing is, Phil, the grass was contaminated with lots of germs like any grass is. It's why babies develop immune systems. How many animals pee & poo all over our gardens?

You strimmed it thinking it would correct this. But what of the rest you left after strimming it? Wouldn't the bits nearer to the ground also be contaminated? What of the soil? And that area might have been peed & pooed on again by wildlife hours later so how is it not contaminated? How can it be perfect?

Whilst you take compulsive actions to reinforce your irrational fears you can't escape them. You need to reduce them. Walk away and get on with your day. Learn to stand there and tolerate it.

Page 14 of 152 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread Information