Page 15 of 152 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    The thing is, Phil, the grass was contaminated with lots of germs like any grass is. It's why babies develop immune systems. How many animals pee & poo all over our gardens?

You strimmed it thinking it would correct this. But what of the rest you left after strimming it? Wouldn't the bits nearer to the ground also be contaminated? What of the soil? And that area might have been peed & pooed on again by wildlife hours later so how is it not contaminated? How can it be perfect?

Whilst you take compulsive actions to reinforce your irrational fears you can't escape them. You need to reduce them. Walk away and get on with your day. Learn to stand there and tolerate it.
    Ok if the grass isn’t contaminated then is my carpet? Like I say maybe the toilet paper bits were clean bits probably and they landed on the floor but they went on my socks to the carpet so in my view toilet germs could be on my carpet?

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 ----------

I now believe my carpet is contaminated

---------- Post added at 14:15 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

I blocked the toilet today and had to put my hand down so these germs worry me too I did have a shower though

---------- Post added at 17:17 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

I fear the whole house is contaminated now I put my hand down the toilet to unblock. I know some people put hands down to clean a toilet but that doesn’t reassure me.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Ok if the grass isn’t contaminated then is my carpet? Like I say maybe the toilet paper bits were clean bits probably and they landed on the floor but they went on my socks to the carpet so in my view toilet germs could be on my carpet?

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 ----------

I now believe my carpet is contaminated

---------- Post added at 14:15 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

I blocked the toilet today and had to put my hand down so these germs worry me too I did have a shower though

---------- Post added at 17:17 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

I fear the whole house is contaminated now I put my hand down the toilet to unblock. I know some people put hands down to clean a toilet but that doesn’t reassure me.
    Ahem most people use a plunger Phil have you got one, did you wear marigolds to unblock? Also the cost of loo rolls in your house must be really expensive ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Ahem most people use a plunger Phil have you got one, did you wear marigolds to unblock? Also the cost of loo rolls in your house must be really expensive ATB
    I put my hand down luckily I don’t think any water went anywhere other than my arm and I went right into a shower

My contamination ocd isn’t going too well right now birds have been in at my bins and rubbish was left on the grass not ideal

I clean this house more than my last one however there’s situations where either rubbish or blocked toilets or something like that is causing me anxiety

Im not sure how many other people experience germ issues in there home?

I put my hand down luckily I don’t think any water went anywhere other than my arm and I went right into a shower

My contamination ocd isn’t going too well right now birds have been in at my bins and rubbish was left on the grass not ideal

I clean this house more than my last one however there’s situations where either rubbish or blocked toilets or something like that is causing me anxiety

Im not sure how many other people experience germ issues in there home?
    Did you wear gloves Phil? I would say there would be quite a few. Any way wont be long before your therapy starts ATB

Did you wear gloves Phil? I would say there would be quite a few. Any way wont be long before your therapy starts ATB
    Nope I’m not worried about germs on me since I went right into the shower I would just be worried about any drips of water on the floor or the taps being contaminated. Ah the moment every day I’ve had a new worry because it’s a new house my ocd has been worse.

I start it in 6 days and go every 4 weeks so not expecting any quick results I hope after the first one they can reassure me on these thoughts and ocd issues.

Problem is there’s always some form of ocd that crops up in whatever house I’m in these germs worries return and the feeling nothing feels perfect..if I could see how other people live that would maybe help my ocd as perhaps germ issues would pop up and they could clean and not worry I feel right now it’s just me who blocks toilets or has rubbish on grass ect

Nope I’m not worried about germs on me since I went right into the shower I would just be worried about any drips of water on the floor or the taps being contaminated. Ah the moment every day I’ve had a new worry because it’s a new house my ocd has been worse.

I start it in 6 days and go every 4 weeks so not expecting any quick results I hope after the first one they can reassure me on these thoughts and ocd issues.

Problem is there’s always some form of ocd that crops up in whatever house I’m in these germs worries return and the feeling nothing feels perfect..if I could see how other people live that would maybe help my ocd as perhaps germ issues would pop up and they could clean and not worry I feel right now it’s just me who blocks toilets or has rubbish on grass ect
    So no gloves, well this is bizarre Phil toilets are riddled with germs I don't have contamination issues atall but would never unblock my toilet or any one elses without gloves and a plunger You ask any plumber see what they would say! Well you will have to put your heart and soul in to this therapy and no you shouldn't expect results over night too, go with a open mind mate and ask questions too even ones that you think are trivial ones the more the therapist knows the better do update us all on your therapy sessions too. ATB

So no gloves, well this is bizarre Phil toilets are riddled with germs I don't have contamination issues atall but would never unblock my toilet or any one elses without gloves and a plunger You ask any plumber see what they would say! Well you will have to put your heart and soul in to this therapy and no you shouldn't expect results over night too, go with a open mind mate and ask questions too even ones that you think are trivial ones the more the therapist knows the better do update us all on your therapy sessions too. ATB
    Yes but would the germs not be removed with showering? I couldn’t use gloves because they would go on the ground or bin so that would become contaminated. Again I do this in hotels so I also have to use my hands as don’t have any gloves on holiday..

I’ve opted to watch an ocd programme on channel 5 to see if that helps. My ocd is wide ranging so hope it helps.

Some things you would think I would ocd about like I felt my last house wasn’t clean enough like say the fridge or cooker but that never worried me too much I get a thought pattern into my head usually it’s one issue and I worry about it constantly even if there’s things in my house more dirty. It’s the thoughts I struggle with my mind focuses on certain issues.

Yes but would the germs not be removed with showering? I couldn’t use gloves because they would go on the ground or bin so that would become contaminated. Again I do this in hotels so I also have to use my hands as don’t have any gloves on holiday..

I’ve opted to watch an ocd programme on channel 5 to see if that helps. My ocd is wide ranging so hope it helps.

Some things you would think I would ocd about like I felt my last house wasn’t clean enough like say the fridge or cooker but that never worried me too much I get a thought pattern into my head usually it’s one issue and I worry about it constantly even if there’s things in my house more dirty. It’s the thoughts I struggle with my mind focuses on certain issues.
    Absolutely they would be gone When is that programme on I would watch it too ) again these are all good things to feed back to your therapist you do have many issues to get out in therapy and I personally think it will really help you and your OCD problems! ATB

Absolutely they would be gone When is that programme on I would watch it too ) again these are all good things to feed back to your therapist you do have many issues to get out in therapy and I personally think it will really help you and your OCD problems! ATB
    I read about it being on a few weeks back so I got it on catch up tv think here’s 2 episodes so perhaps it’s an on going series. It’s called “My extreme ocd life”..

And yes hopefully it works I have been in touch with two therapists so if one doesn’t work I could try someone else

I read about it being on a few weeks back so I got it on catch up tv think here’s 2 episodes so perhaps it’s an on going series. It’s called “My extreme ocd life”..

And yes hopefully it works I have been in touch with two therapists so if one doesn’t work I could try someone else
    Thx will take a look at that cheers Phil. Exactly good thinking always have one as a standby now that is using logic ATB

Page 15 of 152 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread Information