Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1520

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It's all anxiety, Phil. The whole caboodle..with an underlying driving source. I can understand why you find it hard to face up to this.
    I spent most of my 10 CBT sessions discussing ocd I feel disappointed I never used more of the time to talk about the anxiety as that’s the issue. Every decision I make comes with anxiety. Sometimes it wins other times it doesn’t win.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I spent like 5 mins in a visit to the psychiatrist once per year. Also I asked about CBT at the doctors years ago well before my ocd was bad. So you are wrong im in Scotland and they don’t like to give CBT out easily. How can they refuse me when they know very little about how I previously dealt with CBT this is how inaccurate this forum is. I am refusing to justify myself anymore on here. Help soon becomes conflict which increases my stress further so perhaps it’s best I bow out these forums for a bit. I feel I’ve made progress with the ocd which I said in the topic. Perhaps I could have posted a new topic for my anxiety but my post soon become about my posting history which is funny as I never had ocd until about 5 years ago. When I joined this forum in 2006 it was about my panic and anxiety.
    Out goes the dummy and toys when Phil is challenged

And if this forum is failing to "serve" you then perhaps a break is a jolly good idea!

Never Surrender, Comrade

which is funny as I never had ocd until about 5 years ago.
    I looked back Phil and you started talking about OCD in your threads, or started specific OCD threads, 10 1/2 years ago.

I want to go back to something that I think is relevant, and at the risk of you having a toy throwing episode with me (as you can't control what I reply to you saying)- I noticed that your second post in Feb 2007 talked about a psychiatrist who thought you were Aspergic (although this went no futher to the point of diagnosis). I mentioned this to you earlier on this thread that I felt it was something you displayed signs of, if you remember. If you see this new psychiatrist and get the correct assessement done then you might get more support with your specific problems ? It would certainly explain the types of 'processing' problems we see here on your threads. I can remember bringing this up with you on other threads too, and quering if you had specific issues with your interaction with others, your communication and world perceptions and if anything had been diagnosed. Incidentally anxiety and OCD, which are major issues for you, would fit into many autism types. Anyway, just leaving that thought with you really......to consider about bringing up with the psychi.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I looked back Phil and you started talking about OCD in your threads, or started specific OCD threads, 10 1/2 years ago.

I want to go back to something that I think is relevant, and at the risk of you having a toy throwing episode with me (as you can't control what I reply to you saying)- I noticed that your second post in Feb 2007 talked about a psychiatrist who thought you were Aspergic (although this went no futher to the point of diagnosis). I mentioned this to you earlier on this thread that I felt it was something you displayed signs of, if you remember. If you see this new psychiatrist and get the correct assessement done then you might get more support with your specific problems ? It would certainly explain the types of 'processing' problems we see here on your threads. I can remember bringing this up with you on other threads too, and quering if you had specific issues with your interaction with others, your communication and world perceptions and if anything had been diagnosed. Incidentally anxiety and OCD, which are major issues for you, would fit into many autism types. Anyway, just leaving that thought with you really......to consider about bringing up with the psychi.
    I can process information just fine thanks I do believe these posts and quizzing me is more a form of cyber bulling than anything. If I wasn’t interested over ten years ago I wouldn’t be now. If this is the route we are going down with personal attacks for not helping others or finding myself miracley cured I will be certainly leaving these forums and requesting this. Basically you are questioning my IQ and I’m afraid I won’t be sticking on here for this. A forum is no place to be making diagnosis.

I can process information just fine thanks I do believe these posts and quizzing me is more a form of cyber bulling than anything. If I wasn’t interested over ten years ago I wouldn’t be now. If this is the route we are going down with personal attacks for not helping others or finding myself miracley cured I will be certainly leaving these forums and requesting this. Basically you are questioning my IQ and I’m afraid I won’t be sticking on here for this. A forum is no place to be making diagnosis.
    OK, so I got the 'toy throwing' response anyway.

Phil, I am deeply offended by this post. Although it does prove exactly the point I was making about not understanding what is said to you, despite the fact that on this very thread you accepted this difficulty you had when Terry and I brought it up. I have not questioned your IQ in any way, have you not heard that most people with Austism have no learning disability and many are 'high achieving'? I recall even telling you and explaining this once before, that your assumption that Aspergers means people are thick is wrong - but you didn't listen then either. It was not a personal attack - I was bringing up what you yourself wrote here over 10 years ago and using my own experience as someone with a psychology background and who has worked with many young people with Autism. I was attempting to offer a possible way for you to approach your psychi to assess your OCD and anxiety issues.

In trying to be helpful I get the words 'bullying' and 'personal attacks' thrown my way, which is incredibly hurtful. Infact Phil, I won't be replying to you to help again. I don't have to take this type of ridiculously insulting response.
    Last edited by Carys; 08-11-19 at 00:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Phil, I am deeply offended by this post. Although it does prove exactly the point I was making about not understanding what is said to you. I have not questioned your IQ in any way, have you not heard that most people with Austism have no learning disability and many are 'high achieving'? It was not a personal attack I was bringing up what you yourself wrote here over 10 years ago and my own experience as someone with a psychology background.

I was actually attempting to be helpful and to say 'bullying' is incredibly hurtful. Infact Phil, consider that I won't be replying to you to help - ever again. I don't have to take this type of ridiculously insulting response.
    I have no interest in a diagnosis I made that clear. I have contacted the admin about the comments in this topic.

I couldn't care less who you contact, you can make threats all you like.

Good luck Phil - I will say that despite no apology from you.

My last comment.

I think a psychology background is a dodgy area for me I always find people who study that fascinated by the human mind or me as a person and try and say inspiring stuff. I’m sure it’s a very interesting subject but I would say too interesting as they think everything has meaning very deep meanings. I choose a long time to avoid any of that garbage hence why I try not get caught up in solispism. Psychology is as dangerous as religion if you ask me it sprouts up many ideas and puts them out there.

I think this thread has run its course now.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Closing the thread now...

Noone is diagnosing you, just asking you questions about what you had already put in your threads.

Thread is being closed because of the frustration it is causing on both sides and as nic says it has run it's course now.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152

Thread Information