Page 16 of 152 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Thx will take a look at that cheers Phil. Exactly good thinking always have one as a standby now that is using logic ATB
    I feel my house is ruined now the toilet paper and garden bucket issue has happened and blocking toilet. Do you think the CBT will rid me of these feelings? Can my house be clean again?

I have a feeling my new house is “forever contaminated” or ruined now I blocked the toilet

I blocked the toilet loads in last house and never worried..

---------- Post added at 10:05 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

Perhaps the sink where I washed my hands is contaminated and the germs spread?

The house doesn’t feel the same right now I’m sure nobody else in the street blocked there toilet ..

I mean how common is it to go down a toilet and wash your hands I know cleaners do but do they take any toilet water into the sink?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Right, Phil. This is what I do and personally think it's the best method.

Get yourself a plunger or mop and bucket. When toilet blocks, use plunger or mop to unblock it. Once unblocked, add good amount of strong bleach into bog. Rinse plunger or mop in bog with bleach thoroughly, then place mop or plunger into a clean bucket, leaving some bleach on it. Place bucket and mop/plunger outside in a shed if possible.

Just repeat this method as I believe it's the most hygienic way of dealing with blocked bogs.

We in Complaints Dept should know

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Right, Phil. This is what I do and personally think it's the best method.

Get yourself a plunger or mop and bucket. When toilet blocks, use plunger or mop to unblock it. Once unblocked, add good amount of strong bleach into bog. Rinse plunger or mop in bog with bleach thoroughly, then place mop or plunger into a clean bucket, leaving some bleach on it. Place bucket and mop/plunger outside in a shed if possible.

Just repeat this method as I believe it's the most hygienic way of dealing with blocked bogs.

We in Complaints Dept should know
    Yes that may be a solution

But my worry too is if you wash your hands the sink may get germs too? I know it can be cleaned but even if you use a plunger maybe some toilet water could hit your hand and be on the sink?

I’m not sure how common blocked toilets are but I fear my new house isn’t clean anymore even if that makes no sense

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Yes that may be a solution

But my worry too is if you wash your hands the sink may get germs too? I know it can be cleaned but even if you use a plunger maybe some toilet water could hit your hand and be on the sink?

I’m not sure how common blocked toilets are but I fear my new house isn’t clean anymore even if that makes no sense
    It's a excellent solution Phil and after the sink is cleaned then it will be all good right also try less loo roll then toilet wont get blocked then just shower after job done I have said before I like to be clean down there too and always wash my bum after I have been so to speak one you will save money 2. you wont have the worry over toilet germs either Also when using the mop to plunge with get a black bin bag and put the mop straight in to the back and put in the shed if the mop head can be taken off the hand then do that so everything is clean. ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    It's a excellent solution Phil and after the sink is cleaned then it will be all good right also try less loo roll then toilet wont get blocked then just shower after job done I have said before I like to be clean down there too and always wash my bum after I have been so to speak one you will save money 2. you wont have the worry over toilet germs either Also when using the mop to plunge with get a black bin bag and put the mop straight in to the back and put in the shed if the mop head can be taken off the hand then do that so everything is clean. ATB
    I will tell my therapist next week that if I could I would replace the whole sink but that’s expensive and if I blocked it repeatedly I would be buying new sinks every few months.

I will clean it with some spray tomorrow but like I say sometimes these worries make me feel something isn’t clean or perfect anymore

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:04 ----------

Like I say I never worried about the sink in my last house when I blocked it but with the new house I’m looking for perfectionism.

When I moved into this house the toilet and sink wasn’t clean anyway but if I clean them more now I would still not believe they are cleaner.

Because I washed my hands of toilet water in that sink I fear I need to chuck the sink as I need perfectionism and not everybody’s sink has had toilet germs I mean I don’t know how many put hands down a toilet and clean I know my mum does but some people maybe don’t but I guess if is common people wash toilets or put hands near the water and clean them I would worry a bit less...

Phil, regardless of what you put in the sink you can always disinfect it. The same with the toilet. You could put the mop in a bucket and disinfect it.

Once disinfected any germs will be long gone. The thoughts about it then being contaminated are because of your anxiety.

The same with the mower.

Anxiety often has what may appear a strange focus to an outsider because part of lacking being rational it forgets about other things outside of it's binocular vision. This is very clear in yours because you strimmed that grass but what about the strimmer blade? If something is contaminated in the way you believe then everything it touches, or even passes over, could be the same yet your anxiety chooses to focus on certain parts only.

So, you can beat this worry because your focus is limited which shows that inside your mind you already accept x, y & z items are ok as you don't question them. The focus is one certain objects and that needs to be normalised which therapy can help you with.

I doubt your therapist will be the least bit surprised by anything you say, they've seen such things many times. The issues mentioned above will stick out for them as an indicator of anxiety. Feeling you need to replace floors, wardrobes, beds, sinks, even the whole house, etc it's all worth them knowing so they can help you confront & deal with this. And when you mentioned banning your family, that sounds like an avoidance to me just like how an OCDer with a harm based theme may avoid a loved one.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Phil, regardless of what you put in the sink you can always disinfect it. The same with the toilet. You could put the mop in a bucket and disinfect it.

Once disinfected any germs will be long gone. The thoughts about it then being contaminated are because of your anxiety.

The same with the mower.

Anxiety often has what may appear a strange focus to an outsider because part of lacking being rational it forgets about other things outside of it's binocular vision. This is very clear in yours because you strimmed that grass but what about the strimmer blade? If something is contaminated in the way you believe then everything it touches, or even passes over, could be the same yet your anxiety chooses to focus on certain parts only.

So, you can beat this worry because your focus is limited which shows that inside your mind you already accept x, y & z items are ok as you don't question them. The focus is one certain objects and that needs to be normalised which therapy can help you with.

I doubt your therapist will be the least bit surprised by anything you say, they've seen such things many times. The issues mentioned above will stick out for them as an indicator of anxiety. Feeling you need to replace floors, wardrobes, beds, sinks, even the whole house, etc it's all worth them knowing so they can help you confront & deal with this. And when you mentioned banning your family, that sounds like an avoidance to me just like how an OCDer with a harm based theme may avoid a loved one.
    Yes basically I feel I want a new house again but I would have to keep moving to control my anxiety.

I will have to tell the theripsit this. I think I need to recover from needing to replace stuff first because if I ocd clean that is progress rather than disposing of stuff. I worry about it all day and fear the house is contaminated. However I remember my partner once blocked the toilet in my last house so even people without the ocd can block a toilet.

It’s the toilet water that worries me if I touch the sink the germs are all over the house. If I never blocked the toilet I would never have had this worry. If I did have a house with two toilets that would have caused more anxiety if I blocked both them.

I blocked my partners parents house toilet and I’ve believed that house has been contaminated ever since I block shopping mall toilets but don’t believe the mall is contaminated. I did my my best to make sure I cleaned my hands without touching the sink and I put the taps on before I unblocked to ensure the taps were clean.

I cleaned the sink today but never felt any better. I feel I either need a new sink or a new house..

Well I went for some theropy today. I got a thought record sheet and a meditation thing to try. She mentioned exposure therapy to maybe reduce the hand washing.

Anyway I have another appointment in 4 weeks. Don’t think she expects my ocd to go away right away do I may still hand wash at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Well I went for some theropy today. I got a thought record sheet and a meditation thing to try. She mentioned exposure therapy to maybe reduce the hand washing.

Anyway I have another appointment in 4 weeks. Don’t think she expects my ocd to go away right away do I may still hand wash at the moment.
    Sounds good to me I thought you had your hand washing under control some what? And did you mention about the blocked toilet and toilet germs contamination problems, I would suggest you record your thoughts on the record sheet and try the meditation thing too, it may not work straight away but keep applying it in your daily routine, never give up ATB

Page 16 of 152 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread Information