Page 4 of 152 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    That's just it Elen - it angers me that patients are dumped like this, and if you can't or won't stand up for yourself and fight, you're left to rot.
    That is exactly what happens, even when in the system it feels like they are ticking off a number of boxes, nothing more.

A friend's son in my area went to his CPN and GP telling them that he was suicidal. They did nothing to help and a week later his mother found him dead.

Quote Originally Posted by MYNAMEISTERRY
    On the flip side, they will get to see better trained people since our IAPT is a stripped down service where staff hold lesser qualifications and therapies are very limited..
    They maybe better qualified but I know that in 1 year of appointments every 3 months I saw 3 different people. Each appointment lasted 10 mins and was simply a meds review.

Quote Originally Posted by PHIL06
    Yep it was every three months but been cut to every year now for me..
    It's hopeless Phil, I was discharged simply because they had nothing to offer me

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Elen
    That is exactly what happens, even when in the system it feels like they are ticking off a number of boxes, nothing more.

A friend's son in my area went to his CPN and GP telling them that he was suicidal. They did nothing to help and a week later his mother found him dead.
    I think they need to see evidence of (severe) self-harm, a suicide attempt or signs of psychosis before they act - which is generally hospitalisation. There the patient will be monitored and receive care, but so-called care prevention, which is so much more important, is in many cases woefully lacking. Once a person has been neglected in the community, sadly, it's sometimes too late. I'm sorry about your friend's son - truly awful - and cases like this are increasing, especially since DWP started reassessing/cutting/stopping the benefits of people with mental health issues.

Never Surrender, Comrade

So Glad I asked the question earlier shocked yes, not surprised about the lack of MH services generally and especialy in Scotland. Phil is there any private ERP Providers in Scotland? I am having a operation soon I have a 18 week wait or go private to a Nufield hospital where I would pay for the operation, but wait I was also told if I went to a certain Nufield hospital out of my area (would have to travel) 1. I could be seen in a matter of a few weeks not months. 2. It would be free So what I am saying Phil is do some research on ERP Therapy in your area or even just outside the area you live. you deserve better help than what you have had in the past Cheers
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 15-10-17 at 11:14.

I trialed the bath mat solution however the floor gets a bit more wet as the mat has small holes and near the sink I don’t have a mat so I may have to buy another. Avoids wet towels but it would mean floor may be more wet.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I trialed the bath mat solution however the floor gets a bit more wet as the mat has small holes and near the sink I don’t have a mat so I may have to buy another. Avoids wet towels but it would mean floor may be more wet.
    Why is the floor getting so wet, is it a wet room or shower over bath? is there no way you can dry your self either in the bath or shower area before you get out on to the floor? and again you need to look for ERP provider in your area or close too so you can make a good start on your recovery! Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Why is the floor getting so wet, is it a wet room or shower over bath? is there no way you can dry your self either in the bath or shower area before you get out on to the floor? and again you need to look for ERP provider in your area or close too so you can make a good start on your recovery! Cheers
    I have to clean my backside due to ocd issues.

It’s not a wet room I recently replaced the old vinyl floor with titles since I get it wet. I tried drying my feet but it still got wet when I was previously using towels. But the towels isn’t ideal for my ocd if I have a family Incase they take dirty washing from the basket and id throw stuff away.

I have to clean my backside due to ocd issues.

It’s not a wet room I recently replaced the old vinyl floor with titles since I get it wet. I tried drying my feet but it still got wet when I was previously using towels. But the towels isn’t ideal for my ocd if I have a family Incase they take dirty washing from the basket and id throw stuff away.
    As in wash round there? I wash my self in that area too think with me its because I like to feel clean like that. Is that why your floor gets quite wet? Have you thought of installing a bidet yeah it was all the rage years ago but would over come your wet floor problem Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    As in wash round there? I wash my self in that area too think with me its because I like to feel clean like that. Is that why your floor gets quite wet? Have you thought of installing a bidet yeah it was all the rage years ago but would over come your wet floor problem Cheers
    Nope never considered that but I just like to be clean been reccommended wet wipes but never fancied using them. I get annoyed if my backside isn’t clean as I’ve had occasions where it’s not clean. I need to fix it when I urinate because I spend 15 mins sometimes cleaning to make sure it’s all dry. So yes my ocd is quite bad about toilet related germs

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

I’m using one hand soap a day and sometimes a whole toilet paper just to urinate.

Nope never considered that but I just like to be clean been reccommended wet wipes but never fancied using them. I get annoyed if my backside isn’t clean as I’ve had occasions where it’s not clean. I need to fix it when I urinate because I spend 15 mins sometimes cleaning to make sure it’s all dry. So yes my ocd is quite bad about toilet related germs

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

I’m using one hand soap a day and sometimes a whole toilet paper just to urinate.
    That's must cost a fortune Phil not to mention that the hand soap maybe causing skin problems long term Yeah would agree you OCD is bad Yeah I know you have tried to get help and todate not much available to you but keep looking Phil for ERP services in your area don't give up ever Good luck

I’m doing the bath mat solution rather than wet towels the flaw is my floor is getting more wet and I have to dry it with kitchen roll and it still stays wet for a few hours

Page 4 of 152 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread Information