Page 43 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

That is real progress Phil, it will take time to change your thinking, but you are off to a great start.

I was all set to get the credit card out and replace the phone and iPad today however I realised I would lose almost half the value on my two week old phone so that’s not a great idea also my staff card for work is in my pocket daily and I touched that after touching the phone so by replacing could be never ending with everything I touched. I feel the item is spoiled and tainted and I’m finding this hard to deal with my head says maybe just replace a few items at whatever cost but problem is I may still worry like if I touched anything else after the phone so it would be a never ending cycle ..

So anyway I replaced the rucksack. That’s what she touched

I believe my phone has germs or is tainted as I used headphones from the rucksack. Can anybody reassure me it’s safe and no germs? My head says touching the headphones spread the germs now I don’t think she touched them just opened the bag? My ocd wants me to buy everyone new here

I’ve had thoughts like if I don’t replace my phone my wedding day will be ruined and I have these thoughts going round my head and the guilt if u sell the phone I stand to lose hundreds of pounds how can I deal with these feelings? I can say for a fact I know my ocd is so bad I probably would worry at the wedding only replacing gives me the relief?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

You'll probably be worrying on your wedding day anyway, so save your money for the honeymoon

Never Surrender, Comrade

Do you ever talk to your GF about all this? Is she aware of how tormented you are?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Do you ever talk to your GF about all this? Is she aware of how tormented you are?
    Yes she’s done a few things now and I avoid areas of the house or items. She doesn’t undertand much though..

I’m not sure how I can get over it I’m trying distraction

This is not something you can get over, Phil. It's about managing your anxiety and your OCD and being open to any strategies suggested in therapy.

Tbh your GF needs to know the full extent of your OCD. If she doesn't want to know then at least she has made that decision for herself and is not unaware of all your issues.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    She has done it again tonight

This time she has dropped rubbish from my bucket on the laminate floor now I want to replace the floor otherwise I can use hoover another area off limits

I am still struggling with the fact she touched her dirty washing and then touched my rucksack I believe the camera which was in the bag is contaminated so every time I touch the camera and touch other stuff I believe the germs are spreading. It’s very difficult as replacing these items would have been easier but to replace a phone iPad and camera is 2 grand. Now I only believe the phone is contaminated by touching the camera which was in the bag she touched. It doesn’t feel perfect I can’t get the contaminated thoughts out my head.

Is there any advice? Believe it or not these thoughts may trouble me for months and years. I believe she only unzipped the bag rather than touched anything but that doesn’t reassure me. The letter box I worried a letter came from the bin that still worries me and I won’t allow say a phone case to come via the door. I won’t have use my good strimmer on a certain area of grass I use a second strimmer as the bins went over the grass.

Will I ever be able to accept the rubbish issue? Or the toilet germs? Or dirty washing?

Another example is my partner was emptying the bin and some rubbish fell on the kitchen floor so I refuse to hoover that area now.

Writing the thoughts down doesn’t help. It’s unfortunate that my partner touched the rusksack because the worry means I want to replace stuff at a high cost of thousands the door is £700 to so replace absolutely all the stuff the figure would maybe be around £3-4 grand.

So far I’ve not been able to replace these items as not many people have that cash available I was going to sell the stuff and take a financial hit but I never.

People may say it’s great you have not replaced the items but problem is I feel the items are tainted or dirty so I suffer anxiety when touching them this is very difficult ..

Page 43 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread Information