Page 51 of 152 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

I don’t believe having a family will affect my germs too much as I said strict parenting I think it will be fine. I will hopefully find some positives when that time comes around but obviously I don’t know how my germs issue will be.

---------- Post added at 22:25 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

I even ocd about where I replace stuff i can buy cheaper on eBay but worry it won’t be new even if it says it’s new I have a phobia of second hand

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Well by being a strict parent this would not happen. When I was growing up my mum wouldn’t let me touch anything
    That's interesting. How do you think that made you feel about things?

Sorry but if you feel this will affect children there is only one answer to that for me, don't bring them into it until you are sure it won't. Your partner may not like that but it's kinder not to have them than upset them.

Did your mother have the same OCD as you? I'm not sure strict parenting is going to stop babies doing what they do. And if you can't prevent your partner from doing it...

---------- Post added at 01:58 ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I even ocd about where I replace stuff i can buy cheaper on eBay but worry it won’t be new even if it says it’s new I have a phobia of second hand
    Exactly the same as what that other member I mentioned struggled with. Did you look up threads by audi?

I think the fact that you categorise children as being on your "to do" list is interesting. It's almost as if they are objects to "acquire" like your material goods. Packing them off to live with a grandparent so that you can avoid any potential germs is also something which maybe your psychiatrist should be told when you have your appointment soon? Are you able to see things from your partner's point of view in that she may not want to do this or are your needs more important than hers?

Does the second hand phobia extend to people as well?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    That's interesting. How do you think that made you feel about things?

Sorry but if you feel this will affect children there is only one answer to that for me, don't bring them into it until you are sure it won't. Your partner may not like that but it's kinder not to have them than upset them.

Did your mother have the same OCD as you? I'm not sure strict parenting is going to stop babies doing what they do. And if you can't prevent your partner from doing it...

---------- Post added at 01:58 ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 ----------

Exactly the same as what that other member I mentioned struggled with. Did you look up threads by audi?
    Not sure it made me feel great but when I was a teenager it certainly meant
    My room was tidy. Thing is after that her house became the opposite very untidy which forced me in the end to move out when all the germs worried me.

Well I had a friend over who had a family at my old house and it never caused
    Me too much anxiety. I don’t see the issue with being strict I may decide not to have some anyway. And no she’s not got ocd.

---------- Post added at 09:03 ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think the fact that you categorise children as being on your "to do" list is interesting. It's almost as if they are objects to "acquire" like your material goods. Packing them off to live with a grandparent so that you can avoid any potential germs is also something which maybe your psychiatrist should be told when you have your appointment soon? Are you able to see things from your partner's point of view in that she may not want to do this or are your needs more important than hers?

Does the second hand phobia extend to people as well?
    Not quite

I have a bucket list and it was to move out get married by a certain age and now travel.

No the second hand phobia isn’t a people thing it’s an item thing like for example a new shop opened up near me which use to be a charity shop so I refuse to go on it because I believe the shop is tainted..

---------- Post added at 09:03 ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 ----------

And what’s the topic by audi called so I can look it up?

But do you take other people's needs into consideration when making your plans?

But do you take other people's needs into consideration when making your plans?
    My partner is quite laid back and indecisive so usually I have to decide stuff

---------- Post added at 09:43 ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 ----------

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=174010

Im guessing it’s this topic?

---------- Post added at 09:47 ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 ----------

In the end I had been deciding all night so I sold the camera

I just don’t know if I can buy another one whilst I touch my mobile phone I may have to wait to replace the mobile phone.

---------- Post added at 09:50 ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 ----------

I’m trying to gauge myself if I can buy a new camera without replacing the phone at a later date.

I mean there’s already toilet germs on it I dropped it on the bathroom floor in a pub. I will have sold every item in the bag she touched so nothing direct has touched it

Only some headphones I touched and put into the phone from the bag can have caused these germs.

---------- Post added at 11:15 ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 ----------

At the moment I find the thoughts a bit over whelming so I’ve had it take propranolol I need to see if the doctor will put me back on these permanently

Are you able to concentrate at work with all these thoughts overwhelming you?

So I take it that you make decisions that suit you if your partner is laid back? If she were to object to anything how would you feel? Could you handle it and compromise?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

You are still here repeating the same cycle because you refuse to learn to live with these painful intrusive thoughts. Everyone with an anxiety disorder/depression will suffer with unwanted thoughts. I do myself. But in reacting to them you reinforce them further. Of course your brain cannot handle fearing "every" contamination scenario, just as it's not possible for a hypochondriac to fear every known disease simultaneously. Instead, health anxiety will focus on a couple or so illnesses at a time. It's the way our brains handle stress - ie, a protection mechanism. Otherwise, we'd literally go insane.

You must accept that these painful and uncomfortable thoughts will not simply "go". That will only happen when you have learned to live with and challenge these thoughts instead of running off and buying something new to replace a "contaminated" item or packaging off your future kid to live with someone else because it might puke or shit on your "new" clothes

Never Surrender, Comrade

Are you able to concentrate at work with all these thoughts overwhelming you?

So I take it that you make decisions that suit you if your partner is laid back? If she were to object to anything how would you feel? Could you handle it and compromise?
    Yes I can focus on work they are less intense. I mean today I was so worked up I was ready to call in sick as these thoughts really have taken over and make you feel you are going mad.

And not sure I mean she doesn’t want me to sell the stuff but she won’t stop me doing so either

---------- Post added at 15:22 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    You are still here repeating the same cycle because you refuse to learn to live with these painful intrusive thoughts. Everyone with an anxiety disorder/depression will suffer with unwanted thoughts. I do myself. But in reacting to them you reinforce them further. Of course your brain cannot handle fearing "every" contamination scenario, just as it's not possible for a hypochondriac to fear every known disease simultaneously. Instead, health anxiety will focus on a couple or so illnesses at a time. It's the way our brains handle stress - ie, a protection mechanism. Otherwise, we'd literally go insane.

You must accept that these painful and uncomfortable thoughts will not simply "go". That will only happen when you have learned to live with and challenge these thoughts instead of running off and buying something new to replace a "contaminated" item or packaging off your future kid to live with someone else because it might puke or shit on your "new" clothes
    Yes that’s true I really am trying to live with the thoughts to be honest they went away and came back so I was like what the heck go and replace

However for me to achieve replacing everything it would mean taking a financial hit like my phone is worth half it’s value now. If I buy a new camera how some at Xmas I have to find the money to make up and buy another. I mean buying from eBay worries me as it may not be new. That said I have got lots off eBay in past and never worried

How long have you had the camera and the phone? Are these ones replacements?

How about, instead of focusing on reasons to replace you focus on reasons not to replace? Can you write a pros and cons list? 5 for each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 51 of 152 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread Information