Page 53 of 152 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

So you also have an official diagnosis of bipolar yet are only seen once a year by the psychiatrist despite being on risperidone daily? Which isn't helping yet your GP is writing you repeat prescriptions presumably?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    So you also have an official diagnosis of bipolar yet are only seen once a year despite being on risperidone daily? Which isn't helping yet your GP is writing you repeat prescriptions presumably?
    That is not unusual in Scotland Pulisa, it is so wrong, especially for people like Phil.

Yes I think you've explained this before, Elen. It's really bad. These drugs need regular monitoring and not by a GP.

Yes I think you've explained this before, Elen. It's really bad. These drugs need regular monitoring and not by a GP.
    I don’t suffer bipolar daily like some it was for one off episodes I only had two I think that’s why I am also seen less.

When I was going every three months it felt almost pointless and they agreed as there was nothing new to report. When my anxiety has been tougher I could have been doing with being seen more though.

All I know is this is WAY beyond anything I've read here on the forums and I've certainly read some stuff in the time I've been here. We're talking about something that has been going on since you were a teen Phil. Other than a sounding board for your thoughts, I don't see how you can benefiting here.

There is one benefit and that's the fact that your thoughts have been recorded here for the last twelve years. That could be invaluable information and insight to a professional mental health professional as to the progression and severity of your illness.

I reiterate my concern that marrying and the possibility of bringing another life into the world is tenuous at best under your current mental health circumstances. Maybe I'm off the mark, but perhaps in house treatment/hospitalization should be considered

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    All I know is this is WAY beyond anything I've read here on the forums and I've certainly read some stuff in the time I've been here. We're talking about something that has been going on since you were a teen Phil. Other than a sounding board for your thoughts, I don't see how you can benefiting here.

There is one benefit and that's the fact that your thoughts have been recorded here for the last twelve years. That could be invaluable information and insight to a professional mental health professional as to the progression and severity of your illness.

I reiterate my concern that marrying and the possibility of bringing another life into the world is tenuous at best under your current mental health circumstances. Maybe I'm off the mark, but perhaps in house treatment/hospitalization should be considered

Positive thoughts
    No I don’t think hospital treatment is required and I feel some people have made more a meal out of this than what’s reauired. Yes my ocd is severe however many people with ocd suffer severe ocd. I am also not the only one who struggles to get over it otherwise forums would be quiet.

To be honest it’s very rare people are hospitalised for ocd and I think that’s a positive sign of the times how many mental health issues are more discussed and treatable with meds these days and rarely require hospialization. I have been hospitalised before and it’s defo not pleasant and wouldn’t wish it on anybody. I’m sure for most it’s a last resort I remember having a panic attack years ago and went to hospital and the last thing they wanted was to keep me in.

I don't really understand what your psychiatrist is treating you for, that's why I suggested getting another diagnostic assessment. Maybe they should reassess the "bipolar episodes" and view them in context with your ongoing issues and escalating anxiety/difficulty accepting alternative viewpoints.

Also I lead a normal life I have a mortgage friends and a job so I get by. I have ocd not some critical mental illness that’s such an old school view to look at things I’m glad
    Times have changed

---------- Post added at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

I don't really understand what your psychiatrist is treating you for, that's why I suggested getting another diagnostic assessment. Maybe they should reassess the "bipolar episodes" and view them in context with your ongoing issues and escalating anxiety/difficulty accepting alternative viewpoints.
    They have seen me to decrease medication after I had a breakdown in 2016. Each time they cut the meds back and they decided a year ago to keep me on this dose for now they are keen to reduce my meds further. I would prob rather stay on some at the moment though.

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

There is no other diagnoses I mean what do you think I have? The bipolar issue is not one I want to discuss as it’s not something which affects me it was for a one off breakdown.

My post is ocd related and anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Also I lead a normal life I have a mortgage friends and a job so I get by. I have ocd not some critical mental illness that’s such an old school view to look at things I’m glad
    Times have changed
    I wouldn't say you lead a "normal" life though. Not judging by what you write on here.

And being honest the constant questioning my ways isnt helping much so I may bow out of this topic for a bit.

It’s goint far too off topic into other issues. The fact is on the topic I discussed about dirty washing I replaced my camera that’s the issue I have so any discussion should Be on that only

---------- Post added at 21:42 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

I wouldn't say you lead a "normal" life though. Not judging by what you write on here.
    Other than my partner nobody knows about these issues too much so to the average person nobody notices.

If I replace something that’s a private thing I hardly put it on Facebook

---------- Post added at 21:42 ---------- Previous post was at 21:42 ----------

And trust me anybody who knows me would never know I have ocd or anxiety

Page 53 of 152 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread Information