Page 55 of 152 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    sometimes I focus on the job.
    I hope its more than 'sometimes'. I also hope you aren't an air traffic controller.
    I just read the paper

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I just read the paper
    Hopefully not in the faecal position...

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Hopefully not in the faecal position...
    Oh, I get somebody to hold the paper up for me and turn the pages

Oh, I get somebody to hold the paper up for me and turn the pages
    Sitting on a stool?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Sitting on a stool?
    And I check it afterwards...health & safety and all that

---------- Post added at 03:19 ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I had a one off bipolar episode at 16 and was on the same meds for 2 years and came off them for ten years until the breakdown.

It was in 2016 it happened they never knew what it was infact it was an acute stress reaction they said at first but later they said it was related to the bipolar I had in 2005.

They have been vauge with me at first they said I would need this medication all my days then someone said I wouldn’t need it. They mentioned cutting it back further which would mean I wouldn’t be on much at all. Given the breakdown I had and I was hospitalised I would have thoughts it’s safer to stay on these meds? They may want to be sure it won’t come back

That said I was off this med for ten years and fine however given how bad I was when I had the breakdown and I was 7 weeks recovering bed ridden I would have thought the med may help avoid any further bipolar episodes?

But no it’s not something I suffer daily..

---------- Post added at 09:13 ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 ----------

I do have time to think at work but not much time really sometimes I focus on the job.

No I don’t think others will judge I mean who would know what my items have touched to most it would be irrelevant however to me I like stuff to be clean and perfect otherwise I will have this anxiety especially as I fear toilet germs or dirty washing germs until I can beat these I may remain stuck
    They need to explain it better by the sounds of it. They are either implying you have a chronic condition that can flare up (yet you've been anxious all through that time and it hasn't be impacted in anyway) or it's two separate events but chronic from here on.

I would also question why all this anxiety is not connected in some way or at least whether the med you are on can be adjusted to help you with this.

Sorry, about judgement I meant if you were conducting compulsions at work, say handwashing, would the presence of a co worker make it embarrassing and you walk away rather than continue to wash. I ask because I had this with some of mine, when out walking I would continue to walk past a point I would always conduct compulsions at despite doing it at many others and the reason I noticed was because someone else was there and would see my strange behaviour. One negative overwhelmed the other.

I can understand how home can be worse, I have this in my anxiety. I find it harder downstairs on the settee than elsewhere and it's because it's where I've had some of my worst moments of anxiety.

I’ve had bad ocd past few days with the dirty washing

My partner got changed out her work clothes and went shopping so I worried she would contaminate the shops.

I had another false thought I ironed a jumper and had a thought that it was dirty so I put it in dirty pile and worried I had to replace the iron and iron board I’ve not replaced it but had these anxious thoughts. Ive changed out clean clothes before with these thoughts it happens most days I also change towels. Today I took 4 towels before I was happy with the towel. These are anxious patterns which have only started in past few months..

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:46 ----------

And I check it afterwards...health & safety and all that

---------- Post added at 03:19 ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 ----------

They need to explain it better by the sounds of it. They are either implying you have a chronic condition that can flare up (yet you've been anxious all through that time and it hasn't be impacted in anyway) or it's two separate events but chronic from here on.

I would also question why all this anxiety is not connected in some way or at least whether the med you are on can be adjusted to help you with this.

Sorry, about judgement I meant if you were conducting compulsions at work, say handwashing, would the presence of a co worker make it embarrassing and you walk away rather than continue to wash. I ask because I had this with some of mine, when out walking I would continue to walk past a point I would always conduct compulsions at despite doing it at many others and the reason I noticed was because someone else was there and would see my strange behaviour. One negative overwhelmed the other.

I can understand how home can be worse, I have this in my anxiety. I find it harder downstairs on the settee than elsewhere and it's because it's where I've had some of my worst moments of anxiety.
    And yes I wouldn’t wash my hands much in a public toilet if people watch. That said if I was really anxious I would go back and wash.

I defo find it harder at home.

Why do you think that is then? Because you wouldn't want them to see, think it's strange and maybe judge you?

I realise this may be a very obvious one to answer but I'm hoping it points out to you that you do also prevent yourself conducting compulsions when the conditions are right. And its important to find evidence that you aren't stuck having to perform them.

I’m struggling with the false thoughts

My urge it to replace all my crates, Iron board and iron due to me having a thought a jumper was dirty so it made me believe it was dirty as I added it to the dirty pile. I tried to challenge these people thoughts and I said only dirty washing is on floor so I just can’t acceot or see how it got dirty but the thought I had makes me believe everything is contaminated.

I want to avoid replacing but these dirty washing germs are a struggle I have thought if I don’t replace the iron board everywhere will become dirty. These faults thoughts happen frequently because I have these ones

*Maybe I pooed myself or peed myself.
    *Maybe my trousers are dirty so I change them.
    *Mayve my towel is dirty so I take another sometimes another and upto 4.
    *I had the thought a letter I got was from the bin so I wanted to replace the letter box and door but so far resisted however I won’t accept any phone cases though the door
    *Maybe I never washed my hands, Maybe I touched a toilet Maybe I went to the toilet and never never washed my hands

These are my daily actions and my compulsion is to replace or over wash by hands ect I hate when I get something In my head that needs replaced a few weeks ago one of my non false thoughts happened because my partner touched my rucksack after touching dirty washing in a case so i sold my iPad.

It doesn’t matter if the germ issue is real or a false thought the urge to to replace crops up quite often and I find it hard to resist

---------- Post added at 00:05 ---------- Previous post was at 00:02 ----------

Why do you think that is then? Because you wouldn't want them to see, think it's strange and maybe judge you?

I realise this may be a very obvious one to answer but I'm hoping it points out to you that you do also prevent yourself conducting compulsions when the conditions are right. And its important to find evidence that you aren't stuck having to perform them.
    Honestly I don’t worry what people think the ocd doesn’t mean anything my theripst tried to get to the bottom of it.

The issue here is about me I can’t live with the “anxiety” get from the thoughts and I have an urge to replace this creates anxiety symptoms and thoughts so I end up replacing to get relief. That’s it nothing else I do these compilations to remove my anxiety

And do they remove your anxiety?

I think I have an example of temporary relief with my ocd because the false thought that my jumper was dirty basically I wanted to replace the iron, crates, iron board and rewash all clothes plus my new rucksack and camera needing disposed off due to these thoughts of contamination

so yes it can be a bit extreme even replacing my camera has caused me to want another one and another so it might never end.

So far I’ve resisted. Now I get thoughts my top or socks are dirty quite often right now like the towels. I tend to just swap it for another howvewr this occasion the other day because I had ironed it and placed it in cupboard the thought was more difficult to deal with. That said when I replace my tops if I worry they are dirty I don’t want to wash the contents of my drawers or replace. It seems my ocd remains selective on what worries to focus on like in some way I need to worry?

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

I’ve not replaced yet but given I replaced my camera and iPad who knows what my ocd will do

Page 55 of 152 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread Information