Page 57 of 152 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

You're worried about spending money for therapy with Christmas coming but you're replacing things like they're going out of style. This makes absolutely no sense at all!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

A tactic I could try here is what someone said to me before keep the items away from me and let my partner use them. So I can use this new iron board and what if I let my partner use the old one for a bit to see how my anxiety is without throwing away right away like delay it?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Sometimes I get all worked up chest pains, tension headache mostly feel I’m going mad so have to put a relaxation cd on.

If I don’t do the compulsions I start to feel stressed anxious and have the above symptoms until I give in and replace something

Do your relaxation cds ever work? And can you apply the methods when they aren’t on? For instance deep breathing or relaxing each muscle group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m also pondering just using the new iron board at times when I feel most anxious and maybe try use old iron board to see off the ocd?

---------- Post added at 15:31 ---------- Previous post was at 15:31 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Do your relaxation cds ever work? And can you apply the methods when they aren’t on? For instance deep breathing or relaxing each muscle group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes I find they reduce my anxiety

So I got a new Iron board and iron I will try and resist using it but I got ocd like maybe I need another iron for my partner incase she irons something worn more than once as we do have two irons at the moment. I have ocd about colours and safe colours so even worry the new iron board isn’t right colour.

My mum was over and she said some potty of urine spilled on her she changed clothes but not showered so I worried my sofa got dirty

So yes at the moment still using old iron I’m telling myself I will use the new one for special occasions but then I worry about the colour so can’t win.

I feel stuck in a loop at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    So I got a new Iron board and iron I will try and resist using it but I got ocd like maybe I need another iron for my partner incase she irons something worn more than once as we do have two irons at the moment. I have ocd about colours and safe colours so even worry the new iron board isn’t right colour.

My mum was over and she said some potty of urine spilled on her she changed clothes but not showered so I worried my sofa got dirty

So yes at the moment still using old iron I’m telling myself I will use the new one for special occasions but then I worry about the colour so can’t win.

I feel stuck in a loop at the moment

Duuuude! ..... Serious question Phil.... You really have no intention, are unwilling or unable to really do something to help yourself? This forum is just a blog for your thoughts isn't it?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

use the new one for special occasions
    What sort of ironing 'special occasion' could there possibly be ??? Sorry but Phil, really, irons are irons, there is nothing special about ironing under any circumstances. You do know that the surface of an iron is one place there would be no germs AT ALL, they will be sizzled at the high temperatures immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    What sort of ironing 'special occasion' could there possibly be ??? Sorry but Phil, really, irons are irons, there is nothing special about ironing under any circumstances.
    Haha I know

A night out or wedding where I ocd about how I feel more. What can I do here I bought a new iron so I not use it? Do I use the old iron? I ocd about the colour of the new iron board anyway so seems everything will cause anxiety can’t win but if the zipper was dirty I would have dirty washing germs on me but basically I know what happened that I had a thought it was dirty and tossed it to the pile like I have been doing with all my clothes for months

---------- Post added at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:13 ----------

What sort of ironing 'special occasion' could there possibly be ??? Sorry but Phil, really, irons are irons, there is nothing special about ironing under any circumstances. You do know that the surface of an iron is one place there would be no germs AT ALL, they will be sizzled at the high temperatures immediately.
    Yeah I mean I don’t fear the germs as such I’ve said that many a time I worry about germs yes but don’t worry hey will harm me it’s a perfectionism if something happens I have the ocd urge to replace with new to relieve my anxiety

I think, if you still have the new iron and the box, you should take it back. There is nothing wrong with the old iron. I know that sounds simple, but it would really be a good step in the right direction. Not everything can always be brand new, infact environmentally thats incredibly awfully unsound. What is your fiance saying about the iron situation ? (Is she looking forward to the special occasion LOLOL) You've done really well to keep using the old iron, therefore proving that you CAN do it!!! Continue using it, its a small step.

I think, if you still have the new iron and the box, you should take it back. There is nothing wrong with the old iron. I know that sounds simple, but it would really be a good step in the right direction. Not everything can always be brand new, infact environmentally thats incredibly awfully unsound. What is your fiance saying about the iron situation ? (Is she looking forward to the special occasion LOLOL) You've done really well to keep using the old iron, therefore proving that you CAN do it!!! Continue using it, its a small step.
    Yep I mean she doesn’t see the need to replace as she doesn’t have ocd. I am using the old iron but for how long? The ocd already made me purchase a new one. Why do I worry about the colours? I hate having ocd.

I worried my key was in the dirty washing other night and I dismissed that thought quickly but my ocd has found patterns over the months where I focus on one issue not sure why?

I mean I use this old iron but that doesn’t stop me thinking I’m contaminating everywhere with germs

Page 57 of 152 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread Information