Page 59 of 152 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    It’s very difficult to help myself right now I feel so over powered by the ocd
    But that's the only way. Words on a screen will not and do not help you and never have

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Did you tell the psychiatrist about how bad you felt at your appointment?
    Yes 100% he told me YouTube and no therapy and said I can come back
    In a year again. He said I can keep going with private therapy but she won’t see me again anyway

Was there a reason why you weren't offered therapy if you had never had it before on the NHS? It does seem very odd to be told to use YouTube. Do you think the psychiatrist realises that therapy is unlikely to be successful because of your diagnosis?

Was there a reason why you weren't offered therapy if you had never had it before on the NHS? It does seem very odd to be told to use YouTube. Do you think the psychiatrist realises that therapy is unlikely to be successful because of your diagnosis?
    No I have said many a time now he doesn’t believe in therapy he said exercise and muscular relaxation is the solution to my anxiety and ocd.

He never said such a thing about it not being suitable but if you don’t think it’s suitable for me why ask? Private one failed but that may be because there are better theripst out there or infact self help because self help has been more uselful in the past.

Plus he said I can continue with the therapy if I wanted but it was the theripst who never offered more appointments maybe because I decided to stop

Then you are left with "self help", exercise and muscular relaxation...and YouTube.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Very odd, if you ask me... Psychiatrists are usually concerned with prescribing meds. And I find it hard to believe Phil has tried them ALL, and that there isn't a med that could at least help to alleviate some of his symptoms.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Basically I got a new iron board took that back I went for a shower before the new one came I changed towels three times, changed clothes three times and the new iron came and I worried my clothes were dirty I bashed that thought off then I had a false thought I went into the bathroom with the iron and touched dirty laundry even though that wasnt true so basically I couldn’t track my mind back to how I carried it in. Anyway I now own 5 irons! That’s how bad my ocd is obviously I have to sell some or something as I don’t need all these but it shows how much effort I have put into avoiding feeling unforgettable and these dirty washing thoughts. Basically my mind wants to believe every iron is dirty or not a safe colour I don’t know why my mind has went in this loop.

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Very odd, if you ask me... Psychiatrists are usually concerned with prescribing meds. And I find it hard to believe Phil has tried them ALL, and that there isn't a med that could at least help to alleviate some of his symptoms.
    You can’t take anti depressants with the medication I’m on.

---------- Post added at 13:51 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    I mean a year ago he did offer me Lithium in an alternative to Risperidone but that’s not an ocd med

Lithium and now YouTube...Your psychiatrist has some interesting theories.

Lithium and now YouTube...Your psychiatrist has some interesting theories.
    Not really he’s just not wanting to treat the ocd I only mentioned it in my last session

You can’t take anti depressants with the medication I’m on.[COLOR="blue"]
    If you mean Risperidone, I think you can.

I just punched that into a drugs interaction checker with 7 other commonly used antidepressants in the SSRI & SNRI families. Only two had Major warnings (about Long QT, Citalpram/Escitalopram), the rest had Moderate warnings. The Moderate warnings were split between increasing blood levels of Risperidone and one about feet shuffling, I think that was all of them as I didn't keep count.

---------- Post added at 16:51 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

Not really he’s just not wanting to treat the ocd I only mentioned it in my last session
    I thought so, he is sticking to what you were referred to him for and not getting involved in anything new. A jobsworth.

Does he need your GP to refer you again for the OCD side...just so it's dots his i's and crosses his t's?

Page 59 of 152 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread Information