Page 6 of 152 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Hi Phil, A wet room would be good for you ,as you could put your towels straight into the wash after use. Just a suggestion .
    Our bathroom is half tiled, half papered , painted with bathroom paint.
    We have no radiator. No damp, no black mould. No wet wooden floor, all because we have the window open and the door to the bathroom is never closed, or locked.
    We have a bathmat, but stand on a normal towel, and put all the towels in the wash and wash them separate from underwear. I have a wicker washing basket that is lined, so that can the lining be washed, but not every week. I don't think of any contamination at all.
    Just letting you know I am thinking of you, but you must get help you are getting to distressed. Fishman is correct, AND I think life is too short to be obsessed with things. I know you have an illness, but you must get help. x

Quote Originally Posted by Lucinda07 View Post
    Phil, you moved out of your parent's home hoping it would change things for the better. Unfortunately, something similar now seems to be happening in your own house!
    The only way forward is to challenge the OCD using tiny steps. I know it is daunting but I think this will be the only relief in the future.
    There are some OCD charities who could offer support. So important to have someone to encourage you to chip away at this condition, which is causing so much distress.
    How can I believe my house is clean?

I’m replacing the carpet where the wash basket was as I’ve removed it now but worry this area will still be dirty. I tried to reassure myself the washing was in a plastic basket and it never touched it direct.

I wish cleaning was enough to reassure me but my ocd makes me feel nothing is the same again or it’s ruined some people clean and it makes them feel better I find everything off limits

Even though I’ve done away with the wash basket I’m still anxious

I worry my jacket was near the wash basket, tv, ties, camera lots of things which even though am sure they never I worry

Also feel my house is contaminated at the area where the wash basket is plus the windows are still contaminated after the window fitter touched the wash basket to put the wood for the windows next to it. I wish cleaning it made me feel better..

Phil I have a website for you to look at its: www.topuk.org it deals with OCD and phobia's they have self help groups around the uk. you will never get better till you get help sure where you live seems to be a problem do look at this website please ATB

Ok how can I make myself feel better about the windows being contaminated or false thoughts that stuff went near the wash basket?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Ok how can I make myself feel better about the windows being contaminated or false thoughts that stuff went near the wash basket?
    Phil you completely ignored my post which contains some useful things to help,so guess what I am ignoring your post I guess you don't want help? Don't think I am being hard on you cause Iam not but unless you get some help with your out of control OCD it will get worse and your money will run out then what? Personally I wouldn't want the stress ahh ATB
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 08-11-17 at 13:43.

Update

So I’ve moved house to a private let but I move again in a few weeks to a house anyway

A new solution to my wash basket ocd is a suitcase I could put my dirty washing in that and store in that? Would it not cause fumes or musty smells though bad for health?

---------- Post added at 22:30 ---------- Previous post was at 22:30 ----------

I don’t put wet towels in wash basket so it’s less contaminated for me now however I have been unsure if I should get a new wash basket or try suitcase option what does everybody think?

---------- Post added at 23:20 ---------- Previous post was at 22:30 ----------

Also I put my clothes on floor after I wear them as sometimes I wear them again so maybe I could continue this too?

---------- Post added 20-03-18 at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was 19-03-18 at 23:20 ----------

On houses for sale I never see any wash baskets so where do people put washing that’s dirty?

Anybody?

no to the suitcase, that is not hygienic

When presenting your house for sale I imagine people hide their wash baskets

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    no to the suitcase, that is not hygienic

When presenting your house for sale I imagine people hide their wash baskets
    How come it’s not hygienic??

Just I put dirty washing in cases on holiday and wash when I get home

But if it’s not good hygiene maybe I will to consider a wash basket again.

Page 6 of 152 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread Information