Page 63 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Your partner doesn’t have a grip of how bad your ocd is, or she wouldn’t make poor jokes about cleaning the house. There are different types of anxiety and ocd, like there are different types of potatoes.

All I know Phil is that you know these thoughts are intrusive and wrong. The more you ignore them then the more you can prove them wrong. You have done it before so you can do it again. Ignore the intrusive thoughts and treat the anxiety that then pops up.

It’s easy for me to say so, but I know it’s not easy to do. But then neither is living the way we do. Make a choice whether to continue or change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So yeah I bought two iron boards and took them back and used the original so I mean that’s maybe good in the sense that’s what people say use the old one but it causes me awful anxiety I feel I need to replace it still. I mean sometimes I beat it like the front door I won’t worry as much now but the issue is sometimes these worries never go away years later. I feel I have no quality of life due to these thoughts yes if I don’t replace that may be winning but it doesn’t stop the thoughts people say they fade I mean yes they can, and they do but so often they don’t and keep popping up ?

Going back to page 31 the letter box issue worries me again because I changed the door handle I worried maybe that envelope did come from the bin in which case a year later those germs have spread all over my house. I get some wedding usb’s soon and worry they will be dirty. That’s the issue I had forgotten these worries but they have come back which isn’t good.

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    So reading between the lines you think that therapy is a waste of money.

You have not got anything out of therapy because you have yet to try the techniques which were suggested to you.

Your therapist cannot stop behaviour that you have practiced for 13 years in a few sessions, indeed she cannot stop the behaviour at all.

It is up to YOU to make the effort to not spend hours upon hours ruminating about your OCD.

Find a computer game that relaxes you and takes your mind off other things, listen and sing along to music, get a colouring in book.

The possibilities are endless and you do not have to spend a lot of money.

There are various mindfulness techniques which can stop brain chatter, but you need to practice them. I have one that I find great, I generally use it when I am having trouble sleeping but it also works brilliantly if my brain wants to keep going on and on about something that is bothering me.

It is time to make an effort and report back on what you are doing to help yourself and not keep posting about your contamination issues.

Good luck.
    Copied from your other thread

Again ruminating over these issues is not going to help you. Take action

So door handle as replaced that’s the other side of door fixed now ive had lots of spikes about it being dirty and false thoughts but got over it.

The issue has triggered the letter box issue again. I was at peace with it and would accept anything via the letter box other than a mobile phone or tablet case. However im back worrying about the mail again spreading germs over the house. *If* if came from the bin and did have blocked toilet germs on it that’s what the ocd says. I spent a year debating it and I spoke to family and managed to come to a conclusion that probably it never came from the bin but by changing the door handle and got that relief I have an urge to change the letter box now?

He's baaack

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

This is the same stuff over and over Phil - you have to start confronting it alone

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

My partner touched my key and she was putting rubbish in bin usually she washes her hands bur I never confirmed this. My urge has been to now replace the door handle again incase she never washed her hands? How can I deal with this? I may be worrying over nothing as she prob never touched the bin and my key but I resisted the urge to replace the key but now I want another new handle

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    My partner touched my key and she was putting rubbish in bin usually she washes her hands bur I never confirmed this. My urge has been to now replace the door handle again incase she never washed her hands? How can I deal with this? I may be worrying over nothing as she prob never touched the bin and my key but I resisted the urge to replace the key but now I want another new handle
    How do you think you could handle this? What could you do other than give into compulsion?

ignore it!!!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    So reading between the lines you think that therapy is a waste of money.

You have not got anything out of therapy because you have yet to try the techniques which were suggested to you.

Your therapist cannot stop behaviour that you have practiced for 13 years in a few sessions, indeed she cannot stop the behaviour at all.

It is up to YOU to make the effort to not spend hours upon hours ruminating about your OCD.

Find a computer game that relaxes you and takes your mind off other things, listen and sing along to music, get a colouring in book.

The possibilities are endless and you do not have to spend a lot of money.

There are various mindfulness techniques which can stop brain chatter, but you need to practice them. I have one that I find great, I generally use it when I am having trouble sleeping but it also works brilliantly if my brain wants to keep going on and on about something that is bothering me.

It is time to make an effort and report back on what you are doing to help yourself and not keep posting about your contamination issues.

Good luck.
    Phil we have given the answer on how to start dealing with this but you are not taking any of it on board.

Ruminating over these issues is not going to help you. Take action

Page 63 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread Information