Page 64 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

In the end it beat me sadly I replaced the handle. Luckily this time as new holes were drilled it was a do it yourself job and the guy sent out a spare. I mean the spare isn’t perfect as my partner walked close to a litter bin but it does for now. I know this handle and key replacing can’t go on as I have lots of handles and keys I don’t need. I know I have an issue and need help and I feel frustrated that therapy hasn’t stopped me with these urges to replace. It’s like an adrenaline and I worry I can’t cope if I can’t replace. Perhaps as I have a wedding in a few weeks my ocd is worse because I went a year in this house without having any urges to replace a handle. I mean I admit I find these issues embarrassing right now

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    In the end it beat me sadly I replaced the handle. Luckily this time as new holes were drilled it was a do it yourself job and the guy sent out a spare. I mean the spare isn’t perfect as my partner walked close to a litter bin but it does for now. I know this handle and key replacing can’t go on as I have lots of handles and keys I don’t need. I know I have an issue and need help and I feel frustrated that therapy hasn’t stopped me with these urges to replace. It’s like an adrenaline and I worry I can’t cope if I can’t replace. Perhaps as I have a wedding in a few weeks my ocd is worse because I went a year in this house without having any urges to replace a handle. I mean I admit I find these issues embarrassing right now
    You know what you need to do, you just need to try it the hard way instead of the easy way.
    I don’t really have words for “my partner walked too close to a litter bin”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    You know what you need to do, you just need to try it the hard way instead of the easy way.
    I don’t really have words for “my partner walked too close to a litter bin”.

Yes but it’s a struggle right now I feel there is no way out to make it better?

Yes but

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    So reading between the lines you think that therapy is a waste of money.

You have not got anything out of therapy because you have yet to try the techniques which were suggested to you.

Your therapist cannot stop behaviour that you have practiced for 13 years in a few sessions, indeed she cannot stop the behaviour at all.

It is up to YOU to make the effort to not spend hours upon hours ruminating about your OCD.

Find a computer game that relaxes you and takes your mind off other things, listen and sing along to music, get a colouring in book.

The possibilities are endless and you do not have to spend a lot of money.

There are various mindfulness techniques which can stop brain chatter, but you need to practice them. I have one that I find great, I generally use it when I am having trouble sleeping but it also works brilliantly if my brain wants to keep going on and on about something that is bothering me.

It is time to make an effort and report back on what you are doing to help yourself and not keep posting about your contamination issues.

Good luck.
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

You won't take any advice though Phil - you have hundreds of pages of it on here and ignore it all so what more can we do to be honest?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Woooahhhhhhh, hold on......er....therapy ongoing.......isn't it ?! So, why am I reading this ?

Your therapist MUST be giving you suggestions, advice and ways to tackle this, yet still Phil you are here asking the same stuff and giving in to things in the same way....I can see why therapy has failed before and 'nothing works' at this point!

I repeat the ideas of Terry - what do YOU think you should be doing? Not what you WANT to do....but what do YOU think is the right way to tackle it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Woooahhhhhhh, hold on......er....therapy ongoing.......isn't it ?! So, why am I reading this ?

Your therapist MUST be giving you suggestions, advice and ways to tackle this, yet still Phil you are here asking the same stuff and giving in to things in the same way....I can see why therapy has failed before and 'nothing works' at this point!

I repeat the ideas of Terry - what do YOU think you should be doing? Not what you WANT to do....but what do YOU think is the right way to tackle it ?
    I Duno what I should do my therapist never have me any home work this month.

My ocd has been very intense and I am avoiding more and more stuff and I ask why? Is it because the wedding is weeks away?

I Duno what I should do my therapist never have me any home work this month.
    So, no work has been done AT ALL (never mind homework) on suggestions of how to deal with compulsions?

My ocd has been very intense and I am avoiding more and more stuff and I ask why?
    ...because you are allowing it to rule your actions and life.

ditch the therapist and find another one

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It’s a struggle to get better too but I suppose you need to decide whether you want to continue like this or not? You’re avoiding helping yourself just as much as you’re avoiding various door handles.

Page 64 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread Information