Page 70 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

I remain determined to replace the letter box. I ripped it out today inside came away but the outside seems stuck by some kind of sealant and I’ve yet to order a replacement yet so I had to stop short of replacing

Phil what help are you looking for on NMP??

By your wording of your post 'determined' to me says that you are 'happy' in your illness and you will do aything to get your own way of replacing things in your home to satisfy your OCD compulsions (it won't work) and that you aren't going to listen to any advice given on here and maybe not even that of your therapist, time will tell on that one.

To recover/conquer your illness then you need to be ready and willing to and want to conquer your OCD and at the minute I would say that you aren't actually ready or willing to do that.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

You are not helping yourself at all and don't seem to want to.

Just go and replace everything then and carry on doing it forever - what do we care if it costs you money and potentially your future happiness in a marriage because I am sure your partner can't put up with this forever.

Not sure what help you want to cos you don't listen to us and just start telling us what you need to replace next. How can it possibly help you posting on here?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    Phil what help are you looking for on NMP??

By your wording of your post 'determined' to me says that you are 'happy' in your illness and you will do aything to get your own way of replacing things in your home to satisfy your OCD compulsions (it won't work) and that you aren't going to listen to any advice given on here and maybe not even that of your therapist, time will tell on that one.

To recover/conquer your illness then you need to be ready and willing to and want to conquer your OCD and at the minute I would say that you aren't actually ready or willing to do that.
    You are correct right now I am unable to change. I can’t risk toilet germs coming in the letter box I have suffered all year since this happened and I never replaced part of ocd recovery is to delay well I have delayed and I still feel I am suffering.

In the ideal world I wouldn’t suffer but I feel there is no other choice right now. I am unable to challenge the ocd and I am unable to beat it right now.

I have been through phases of not replacing but let me be honest I feel beaten and knocked down by my ocd right now and as I say giving in and replacing seems my only way to chill and relax.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    You are not helping yourself at all and don't seem to want to.

Just go and replace everything then and carry on doing it forever - what do we care if it costs you money and potentially your future happiness in a marriage because I am sure your partner can't put up with this forever.

Not sure what help you want to cos you don't listen to us and just start telling us what you need to replace next. How can it possibly help you posting on here?
    My therapist seems to think it’s ok to post here as she said take my mind off stuff but I don’t agree because surely when I a here I am here because I am giving thought to the ocd?

You are correct I will go on buying and replacing but it’s a drain on my finances and I realise I can’t be doing this when there is stuff I do need.

I mean sure yesterday I was ready to replace my belt I felt all the anxiety about it and I so far resisted but problem is only 1 or 2 situations result in me resisting there is another 8 times I replace?

Well you seem to be quite at peace with it all. So there’s that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rightho, so you can't see that 'toilet germs coming through the letter box' is a false thought?

I agree with admin, I don't see point in replying when Phil seems 'determined' to carry on replacing. Wonder how his therapist is getting on with the situation??

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Rightho, so you can't see that 'toilet germs coming through the letter box' is a false thought?

I agree with admin, I don't see point in replying when Phil seems 'determined' to carry on replacing. Wonder how his therapist is getting on with the situation??
    No I can’t it’s a false thought if it never came from the bin sadly I can’t confirm.

I can only afford to see her on a monthly basis so progress has been slower than hoped. The problem I’ve got is I had no urge to replace the door or letter box last year I battled through it but by replacing the front door handle I seemed to add fuel to my thinking and I said if I got relief replacing that I need the letter box changed.

My ocd has taken a turn for the worst tonight not looking for sympathy but want to explain where I’m at. I mean perhaps the wedding is heightened my ocd to a higher level than normal?
    Anyway similar issue my partner brought the green bin in which at one point had plungers and toilet germs on it. She did wash her hands but that wasn’t enough to satisfy me my ocd said “the shirts will be dirty and the germs will spread to the wedding presents”. So basically I did a compulsion and ordered yet more shirts meaning I now have at least six shirts for the wedding and I may have to return some if them. I also got a new belt and some kitchen roll I have refused to use that. My ocd lately has seen me gather up belts, kitchen roll, door handles, and hair gels which I am not using. My finances have almost ran dry now so I realise this is a bit of a problem. I mean nobody can really afford to own six of the same shirt but I have heard of this compulsion before.
    But yeah so I accept it’s wedding stress and my ocd is naturally higher or is it just bad news my ocd has taken another notch up to a worse level? Obviously I am needing help as I am wasting a lot of stuff right now. I am buying so much stuff which I am refusing to use?

It doesn't matter Phil. Between the advice here and the other forums, its obvious you will continue on the same self-destructive path.

When your OCD marches out to tell you this could be contaminated, x might have spread to y, that needs replacing, what are you doing that's wrong?
    Listening to it, and believing the threat that it proposes.
    It's in your hands to do something about this - and you aren't.

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 21-06-19 at 00:03.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 70 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast

Thread Information