Page 71 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Today I got a parcel delivered and they touched the letter box so I worried it was dirty and today someone visited chapped my letter box opened the door so I feel I need to replace the door handle again I have changed it 2/3 times already. The ocd says that the bin germs exist on the letter box. As has been said before the relief is temporary I am finding the more I replace the more I buy. Months ago I had 3/4 iron boards and had to return them. Now it’s shirts and door handles.
    I think to myself had someone chapped the letter box with the old door handle I probably wouldn’t have noticed but when I changed the door handle it fuelled my anxiety. Right now I want to change the door handle every few days I mean this isn’t great?
    I find I replace and replace and when the relief stops I stop because it gets a bit ridiculous when I own 5 irons or 6 shirts or 4 door handles.

Anxiety about returning items

So I have ocd about items a few months ago I bought 4 or 5 iron boards and irons and had to return them. Now it’s shirts, belts, door handles, hair gel and kitchen roll. Problem is obviously I am wasting money but one issue I had when I previously returned items was I avoided buying anything from that store. How can I deal with this? Basically what happens is I buy and buy stuff to get relief but find now it’s so short lived I buy another and another until it gets pointless and I go back to the original item.

I feel it’s pointless at the moment
    Nobody can stick to the ocd standards my partners sister touched the letter box and then my door handle my reaction is to change the handle again. And again my mum touched the front door handle again tonight when i was in the toilet but I wasn’t able to sort this because I was In the toilet so she could have touched the wheelie bin but both are hypothetical questions was the letter from the bin and is the letter box contaminated and also we have no idea if she had touched a bin tonight.
    So yeah I can change the letter box no problem but this door handle issue won’t go away it’s not really practical to buy a new door handle every week and to make it worse travel 15 miles to click and collect it as I have ocd about the delivery shops in my area.

How does writing out your daily grind of obsessions and compulsions help and why aren't you doing what you've been counselled and advised by so many to do?
    Sadly, your posts are pointless, as worthless as the obsessions to which you continue to carry on giving meaning to.
    When are you going to take a look at what you are doing, start unraveling it and start to sort out your OCD?

What's the point of posting this other to have a public audience for your self inflicted hell?

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 23-06-19 at 01:43.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

So wedding is a week away I have had heightened ocd due to it.
    I ended up returning most of those shirts I bought and shoes. By fear was the shop being contaminated now though.
    But anyway many months ago I worried I peed myself when I never and also when I walked past dog poop I worried it magically got on the shirts also I never checked my backside was clean when I tried suit on so basically I worry I will smell of poop or pee on the wedding day. I did get new shirts but sat in my cupboard close to the other one. I already tried one of the ones I think was pee germs so the suit would already be contaminated. Course I am sure I never peed myself and those clothes were washed long ago and had I really peed myself I would have known but the ocd is always gonna day “I smell of pee or poop on wedding day.” 
    Ordering more shirts won’t help as I worry about them. It’s a bit of a loop and I’ve found reason to worry about every shirt. So how can I enjoy the day worrying I smell or worrying the shirt isn’t pressed enough?

Keep practicing every relaxation/mindfulness/distraction tip you’ve ever learned. Do them over and over and over and over again until you feel better, then do them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks the shirts are no longer for sale on the website so can’t replace the ocd says I will stink of urine though?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Thanks the shirts are no longer for sale on the website so can’t replace the ocd says I will stink of urine though?
    You can stop, but right now you won't, because you are still believing what your OCD is telling you. And that is what you need to change.
    Only the sufferer themselves can change their thinking, change their behaviors. We can't do it for you.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Best of luck for the big day, phil

Page 71 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast

Thread Information