Page 74 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Well try harder. The maid has better things to do, or maybe not. But even if she did - nothing bad will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've said before that you are ok if you can't see any "contamination" so presumably you won't see the maid cleaning the toilet?

Hotel rooms ocd

When I was on holiday the maid put some toilet paper on the toilet brush as there was extra rolls my ocd means I want to avoid using it also my fear is going back using this toilet paper perhaps it may be common practice to put the toilet paper on the toilet brush?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Re: Hotel rooms ocd

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    When I was on holiday the maid put some toilet paper on the toilet brush as there was extra rolls my ocd means I want to avoid using it also my fear is going back using this toilet paper perhaps it may be common practice to put the toilet paper on the toilet brush?
    Why isthis even a problem for you now?? when are you ever going to go back and use the toilet or the toilet paper?? of course you will avoid it ... you aren't on holiday anymore so are 99% never going to sit on the toilet or use the toilet paper ever again in your life,what is the point in even thinking about it now the time has passed?

My guess being that your OCD brain had nothing else to post about so it came up with this 'worry' to post (consciously on subconsciously)...... It is still my opinion that posting regularly on NMP is as much of a compulsion as any other part if your OCD
    Last edited by venusbluejeans; 17-07-19 at 23:33.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    It is still my opinion that posting regularly on NMP is as much of a compulsion as any other part if your OCD
    I agree. For quite a few members, posting and reassurance seeking, whether directly or indirectly, is part of the illness. Why? Why the audience for a daily account of symptoms, fears or your daily life if you're not going to take advice or do anything to address the real illness? Couldn't that be accomplished with a private blog or diary?

Then again, that's the world created by the internet and social media

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

The need to just "get it out of my head". To seek reassurance.

It can actually help to get it out of your head as it halts obsessive thinking but not like this. When I did it I was aiming to stop myself going from a-z in the cycle of thoughts and use a constructive CBT-style tool to write it down to give me a closure. I framed a conclusion. This did help me with some things but I suspect it's much easier when your OCD is less intense and maybe more adrenaline reduction strategies work when it's like that, something which Venus is touching on, getting doing something and maybe some exercise to get your body metabolising the excess adrenaline into something else.

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    Why isthis even a problem for you now?? when are you ever going to go back and use the toilet or the toilet paper?? of course you will avoid it ... you aren't on holiday anymore so are 99% never going to sit on the toilet or use the toilet paper ever again in your life,what is the point in even thinking about it now the time has passed?

My guess being that your OCD brain had nothing else to post about so it came up with this 'worry' to post (consciously on subconsciously)...... It is still my opinion that posting regularly on NMP is as much of a compulsion as any other part if your OCD
    True you ask why does it bother me now well I’ve stayed at that hotel 3 times and going back for a 4th so my fear is the anxiety May come I may give into the ocd and not use the hotel toilet paper.

Take your own rolls of toilet paper then. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Take your own rolls of toilet paper then. Problem solved.
    Based on the amount of paper Phil says he uses, he may need an extra suitcase! And what if the suitcase touches a bin? Addressing the illness is the only way forward.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 74 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast

Thread Information