Page 89 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    But if I visit every city by train eventually I may want to fly or not have the fear of flying to visit cities beyond Europe?
    And that's completely fine. If you want to fly or go further away, go for it, but if you don't, that's fine too. I saw you wrote earlier that you didn't imagine you'd go abroad, so look how far you've come to be able to visit Europe! I agree with Pulisa - it has to be about what's right for you at the time.

Really well done for touching the car door Now, live with your anxiety about the door handle and wait for it to pass. Use relaxation, distraction etc. Then do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    And that's completely fine. If you want to fly or go further away, go for it, but if you don't, that's fine too. I saw you wrote earlier that you didn't imagine you'd go abroad, so look how far you've come to be able to visit Europe! I agree with Pulisa - it has to be about what's right for you at the time.

Really well done for touching the car door Now, live with your anxiety about the door handle and wait for it to pass. Use relaxation, distraction etc. Then do it again.
    Thanks I thought the anxiety would come about just washing my hands and it not being enough but the rumination has been about how I closed the door. The ocd says green bin germs are on the handle. The reality is I probably never touched the door with that hand and also the bin wasn’t at that door I touched but I still have the awful anxiety. The problem
    is I replaced the handle 3 times? I mean what can I say earlier in the topic I was obsessed by the letter box I went through a phase after a year wanting to replace it again. I forgot about it one day despite in the back of my mind that urge to replace it. I know I can’t keep getting door handles.

I mean in my head bin germs or blocked toilet germs in the bin and dirty washing are my worst nightmare. Simply walking past the green bin makes me want to shower.

I have been forcing myself to sit on the seat and touch the handle as I know there is no other way what happens is my world becomes small and I dwell on what I have touched.

and thanks I wish I felt better about the travelling thing I just wish I was more ok with flying. I have so many issues like the time zone, plane food but that’s long haul. A short trip to Dublin is a lesser anxiety but right now I just don’t feel like doing it? I remember after one flight thinking wow I survived never again do I wanna fly and after another I was like oh I can book a flight to Denmark!

Quite frankly flying or not is the least of your worries. It's not a priority. It doesn't matter in the great scheme of things whether you fly long haul or not but it DOES matter that you are distressed and tormented by anxieties and are isolated as a result of this.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Quite frankly flying or not is the least of your worries. It's not a priority. It doesn't matter in the great scheme of things whether you fly long haul or not but it DOES matter that you are distressed and tormented by anxieties and are isolated as a result of this.
    My therapist gave me a thought record to challenge the thoughts. On one hand I think it’s fine the handle wasn’t near the bin and I never closed the door with that hand and on the other hand the ocd is tormenting me saying the bin was near that handle and it has bin germs. I try and say to myself the bin couldn’t spin round the car and contaminate every handle. Thing is I got in the car that day and never blinked an eye lid and prob never washed my hands then I had all these thoughts?

But yes most people by there 30’s have figured out what they want to do and if they haven’t it probably means they just carry on with what there use to.
    I'm not so sure about this. You might find more people just settle into where their life has gone. Tons of peoples work in jobs, not careers. Up to my late twenties it was just jobs for me, although I was into management by then, but I started looking to expand my knowledge & qualifications into something from there. It was a springboard, of sorts. But then came anxiety and the rest is history...there is probably no way back for me into that career at this stage and it's back to jobs.

Thanks I thought the anxiety would come about just washing my hands and it not being enough but the rumination has been about how I closed the door. The ocd says green bin germs are on the handle. The reality is I probably never touched the door with that hand and also the bin wasn’t at that door I touched but I still have the awful anxiety. The problem
    is I replaced the handle 3 times?
    I mean what can I say earlier in the topic I was obsessed by the letter box I went through a phase after a year wanting to replace it again. I forgot about it one day despite in the back of my mind that urge to replace it. I know I can’t keep getting door handles.

I mean in my head bin germs or blocked toilet germs in the bin and dirty washing are my worst nightmare. Simply walking past the green bin makes me want to shower.

I have been forcing myself to sit on the seat and touch the handle as I know there is no other way what happens is my world becomes small and I dwell on what I have touched.

and thanks I wish I felt better about the travelling thing I just wish I was more ok with flying. I have so many issues like the time zone, plane food but that’s long haul. A short trip to Dublin is a lesser anxiety but right now I just don’t feel like doing it? I remember after one flight thinking wow I survived never again do I wanna fly and after another I was like oh I can book a flight to Denmark!
    BIB - that was the old phil. This is the new phil and those older behaviours don't need to be considered as the new you doesn't need to replace them. Accept mistakes of the past are just that and concentrate on now.

Get voting SNP, phil, doesn't Sturgeon want a land bridge with NI?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    BIB - that was the old phil. This is the new phil and those older behaviours don't need to be considered as the new you doesn't need to replace them. Accept mistakes of the past are just that and concentrate on now.

Get voting SNP, phil, doesn't Sturgeon want a land bridge with NI?
    Yes I seen that about the bridge Boris suggested it too. Do you honestly think it will happen though? It would be fantastic if it did even if it does it would take a while to construct.

So anyway I touched the car door as I said I can’t remember how I closed my front door so my ocd has been to replace the door handle for the 4th time.

My head says it has green bin germs off the handle. Logically I know the bin couldn’t cover all 4 doors of the car and it was the passenger door. My head still says that door is dirty too and I washed my hands how can I resist the urge to replace the handle again? Do I treat it like the letter box and say I can’t be 100% sure it has those germs so I don’t need to replace?

Yes I seen that about the bridge Boris suggested it too. Do you honestly think it will happen though? It would be fantastic if it did even if it does it would take a while to construct.
    Are Scotland going to pay for it? Bare in mind the Tories are pretty much dead in Scotland why would English voters want another HS2 for no benefit? It might be very unpopular down here and Scotland won't vote Tory so it's all losses to Boris. At a time we are struggling for services I'm not sure it is a winner, unles Scotland pay for it in which case it won't upset voters in England & Wales.

I think there is also a concern over where it may pass through, a region where we dumped all our excess WWII ordinance...maybe a boon for both sides of the terrorist coin in NI there

I think he's just going around the country kissing babies and pretending to offer us all cash. A standard GE campaign but with no manifesto so he isn't accountable for any of it to voters right now. Magic money trees play into popularism but then someone will always ask where that money is coming from...when the NHS continues to crumble, homelessness is on the increase, social care is a mess, etc.

So after all the advice I’ve had I may have to avoid flying and London city centre for this year. It’s annoyingly that my anxiety wins but sadly I have been feeling anxious every night due to these things I see as dangers.

Page 89 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread Information