Thread: This medication is making me feel awful

This medication is making me feel awful

I've got Aspergers, GAD, and agoraphobia. I've been on 300mg Pregabalin and 30mg Mirtazapine for the last 5 years or so.
    Recently my panic episodes have gotten worse to the point that I'm having panic attacks just sitting on the sofa watching TV. I went to see my GP last week who prescribed me 40mg Propranolol thrice daily. I started taking them on Friday 6th October and by Monday I was in a world of hurt.
    I've been having cold sweats, and have been feeling completely spaced out and detached from reality. This is making my anxiety worse because I feel like I'm about to pass out.
    I decided to only take 2 per day rather than 3 but the spaced out feeling persisted. I then dropped it to half a tablet twice per day. Still feeling spaced out but not so bad.
    I think I need to stop taking this stuff as it's making me feel worse than when I wasn't taking it.
    I'm aware that the drug has a pretty short half-life of about 5 hours but do you think I'm OK to just stop taking it?
    I'm going to see the doc again on Friday 20th which was originally to discuss going on to a slower acting beta blocker. No idea which one but if they will all make me feel like this then I think I need to think again.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Re: This medication is making me feel awful

Hi I was on propranolol for years! 160mg inderal - I didn’t have the same symptoms as you as in side effects but we are all different. Why don’t you ask for modified release rather than instant? May help if not you have metoprolol you can try ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to see the doc on Friday and will discuss with her how to proceed. I stopped taking the Propranolol after I posted my first message in this thread. I feel miles better. Not spaced out and not numb.

Doc has taken me of the Propranolol and has put me on Bisoprolol. I've not taken any yet as I'm scared to do so..........

Is it for anxiety? Performance anxiety?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General anxiety and panic attacks. I'm also on Mirtazapine and Pregabalin.

Thread Information