Thread: My psychiatrist wants to switch me to Duloxetine

My psychiatrist wants to switch me to Duloxetine

Hey there,

My psychiatrist wants to switch me to Duloxetine as he says I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder. atm I'm taking Zoloft (Sertraline) 150mg which pretty much took away the panic attacks but I still have a lot of problems mentally (social anxiety, OCD, problems adapting to change, general non stop worrying etc). I want to be better and feel more mentally able to cope with things, but am worried about my panic disorder returning if I change medication.

Does anyone have any good reviews of this and has anyone had a positive outcome?? I have IC and IBS and I've heard it's sometimes good for these conditions but I just generally wanna know if it helped with the anxiety/depression etc.

And if anyone has switched from a previous drug how was the weening process? I've been prescribed Diazepam for if I decide to go through with this, but I'm still thinking it over.

Hope someone can reassure me or at least give me some insight into how it went for them lol! I'm terrified of side effects, after some time of not having panic attacks I would hate to go back to feeling nauseous all the time

Re: My psychiatrist wants to switch me to Duloxetine

You are not along. My psychiatrist is thinking of switching me from lexepro to this med. I'm also terrified of side effects (especially increased anxiety.)

---------- Post added at 19:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:10 ----------

My psy also suggested this med at one point. I'm scared to switch over, but my current med (Lexepro isn't helping).

Thread Information