Thread: Feeling empty

Feeling empty

Hey,

I have been feeling empty inside. Especially when it comes to loving my parents, boyfriend, close friends.. I know rationally speaking that I love these people, but I cannot seem to properly feel it.

I have a burn-out that causes panic attacks, my relationship isn't going well because both boyfriend and I have mental health issues which obviously impacts the relationship. And I am very anxious all the time.

But i don't know what this lack of loving is. Depersonalisation perhaps?

Hopefully, someone here knows or recognizes it.

Thank you.

Re: Feeling empty

Sounds more like emotional numbness and depression to me. Depersonalisation tends to be about parts of your body or all of it not feeling real and like it belongs to you. It happens when levels of anxiety are really high. You brain is, essentially, trying to remove you from the unpleasant reality that is causing you stress, and so your mind 'disassociates' you from it.

It is not depersonalization

Yes the same but you are lucky in the sense you have good friends and parents who care I have nothing like that (: but would agree with what ana says ATB

I think it can be part of DP. I've been diagnosed by a psychiatrist as having DP/DR disorder, a lot of it is feeling unreal etc and sometimes it's also feeling like my arms/legs etc don't belong to me or are just really strange but I also get the lack of feelings thing. Like OP says I know I love these people dearly but I just can't feel it anymore, it's so weird. I also have a thing with eating, that before I've eaten I can fancy a food and then after I've eaten I can think that was nice but at the time I can't feel that I'm actually enjoying it.

DP/DR has got many parts to it... it not just about feeling like your out your body or feel like limbs dont belong you! It is has huge list of things associated with it.....Like detached from people, feeling like you dont know who you are or feel nothing for another as you dont feel connected...

The only thing you can do for dp or dr is to sit relax and breath and enjoy the small moments of reality you get! over time you learn how to extend that reality and how to be call which brings your stress down etc and overall calms down the strong dp, maybe you and the partner needs to cuddle up and talk ... i know make that sound easy but really if you both stuck in a bad place you both have a similuar idea what going on in each others heads! SO get that duvet out and some music on and try talk to each other support is always around sometimes it closer then you think

Thread Information