Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My CBT!

Re: My CBT!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    The frustrating thing is that everyone has to go through the various stages before they reach their appropriate level for treatment.
    Including the long waits which while you are waiting you deteriorate I know I have I am goinf to ask for L3 CBT as I have suffered long enough now Cheers

I agree bigboy, It’s took them 3 weeks to get back to me after Gp referral. Where they decided in a meeting that from Gp referrel I don’t need secondary mh intervention
    Only healthy minds first point entry. It’s all changed, you only get into secondary mh under psychiatrist only. The goal post widens
    So on waiting list 10/12 mths, if I last that long with this high anxiety

Hi bigboy ( I'm never going to get used to starting with that ? ) I did the NHS cbt last year ok it went a bit pear shaped because of partner taking an overdose and it did seem pretty basic stuff but it did help just getting out and being able to talk to someone who I could tell anything and not feel threatened or judged, I don't have anyone I feel I could talk to about how I really feel just have a laugh and joke and pretend everything is ok , talking to a stranger and being able to walk away felt good , when things calm down at home I will do the self referral again , horders are a dream come true for me or can be a nightmare, I buy and sell vintage stuff and old horders have everything the only problem is some won't part with anything , I've dealt with a few and it can take months to come to a deal and they instantly regret selling anything , one told me he felt a sense of loss at selling a motorbike that hadn't turned a wheel in twenty years , I've been in his house and he can only get into the kitchen now so he sleeps in there he apologised for the mess and I said I could spend a weeks holiday in there .
    Stick with it I'm pretty sure you will get the help you need in the end you have to remember there are a hell of a lot of us fruit cakes out there

I know I'll get shot down in flames but I feel that all this media attention on mental health just clogs up the system for those who really need it because so many people's normal circumstantial emotions are medicalised.

Pulisa
    Have you ever tried to access mh treatment recently(this past year) you will find that in your hour of need (just to speak to someone) is near impossible. I’m talking about in real high anxiety state(if you’ve been there)
    There is no mh person out there you can speak to on that day, only person available is Sane at the a&e dept .
    To feel in that state is desperate, to want to speak to a stranger !

I say going to the Gp for things like colds and flu is
    Or going to a&e for coughs and colds

Try accessing mh now, it’s one of the hardest things to get in time of need. That’s why people become suicidal. Desperate

Believe me I know, clio.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Sorry you're having to endure this crap BBoy. I'd have thought long-term psychotherapy would have benefited you more, so you can get to root of past issues which are affecting you today, rather than just coping strategies of short-term CBT. Patients also shouldn't have to navigate all this "level" crap and box-ticking nonsense. Hope you find appropriate help. Can always speak further via email anyway.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Believe me I know, clio.
    Yes I do too you have to jump many hurdles to get the help you do need so once on that ladder you have to keep going how ever hard it is

---------- Post added at 13:44 ---------- Previous post was at 13:40 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Sorry you're having to endure this crap BBoy. I'd have thought long-term psychotherapy would have benefited you more, so you can get to root of past issues which are affecting you today, rather than just coping strategies of short-term CBT. Patients also shouldn't have to navigate all this "level" crap and box-ticking nonsense. Hope you find appropriate help. Can always speak further via email anyway.
    Thx KK it may be but how do I get that via my Therapist or is it back to my GP once again?? Yeah I know it's time waisting really ticking this box and that box I hope I do too and thx for the email offer too Cheers

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post

[/COLOR] Thx KK it may be but how do I get that via my Therapist or is it back to my GP once again?? Yeah I know it's time waisting really ticking this box and that box I hope I do too and thx for the email offer too Cheers
    I would go back to your GP and ask to be referred for psychotherapy. Problem is, you'll have to wait again, but your GP can write letter explaining how you've been messed about and maybe speed things up.

I waited over a year

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    I would go back to your GP and ask to be referred for psychotherapy. Problem is, you'll have to wait again, but your GP can write letter explaining how you've been messed about and maybe speed things up.

I waited over a year
    So no way of getting a referral via the Therapist then? So back to the bottom of the ladder I take it then? It's pain but guess there is no other way Thx again you are a star mate ATB

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information