Hi guys.
I'm developing a rather large fear of exercising lately. I believe this has started since my racing heart and palpitations. I am absolutely terrified of my heart rate rising(I've convinced myself I have a heart problem). Everytime I walk too fast anywhere or do anything strenuous, I start to panic as my heart starts racing. I know, logically, that exercising will keep my heart healthy, but this irrational fear is having quite an impact on my life.
I can't walk to the shops at anything faster than a snails pace as I'm terrified of what will happen. Is this actually a phobia?
I'm also terrified of medication. I know this stems from an allergic reaction I had in august. Panic attacks ensued from that really. I've had GAD for years though.
I've just added the part about medication because my doctor prescribed me citalopram last week. I still haven't plucked up the courage to take one. Petrified of what will happen, but I want some respite from it all! [Sigh...]
Anyways, if someone could let me know if they've heard of any weird exercise phobia, I'd be grateful for the info.
Thanks.
Cookie.x