Thread: Petrified of Colon Cancer

Petrified of Colon Cancer

Hi everyone, I am at my wits end and I have made an appointment but I can't calm my anxiety at all and I don't know what to do. I'm convinced I have cancer.

I am 27 years old and went to Europe to visit my older brother and his family while they are stationed in Germany in June. We went to different places in Germany, France, and the Netherlands. I was there for two weeks total and was fine. Then the very last day when we were about to leave for airport 2 days after we got back from France, I had very loose stool. Almost diarrhea but formed? Basically it looked like the poop emoji. Then on the flight I constantly felt like I had to go. Mostly solid stuff but sometimes loose with mucus. Lots of it and sometimes its just gas and mucus. This pattern continued once I got back but then would go away for a few weeks, then come back lasting a few days. I went almost a month and a half being fine so I thought my body just didn't handle the travel well, but now its back and being more frequent again. Except now the mucus is more orange yellow. I had that previously but it was usually after I ate something my stomach didn't like, fish tacos usually. No blood or dark stools. My poop would look totally normal except for the mucus but now the last two days they've been thin. I'm also on my period so my emotions and hormones are making this way worse.

I am worried on bacteria because I did drink tap water while we were in France and Netherlands. But when I talk to my family, they tend to think I'm just making it up. I had a benign muscle sheath tumor removed from my abdomen muscle in 2015 and it gave me health anxiety to the max. I would be going to the doctor for anything thinking it was a tumor or cancer. They started blowing me off and my family so I tried reigning it in and haven't gone to doctor outside of my annual check up in August where they did a blood draw and everything was good there. I wasn't experiencing symptoms so I didn't mention it to her which I now regret.

I am petrified. If I google it tells me Cancer, IBS, Ulcerative Colitis, Crohns, or bacterial infection but my health anxiety is making me think the worst despite my age and good blood work. I don't want to be looked at as crazy anymore so I just don't know what to do.

Re: Petrified of Colon Cancer

Hi Hun,

How are you feeling? Did you ever find out what it was?

Re: Petrified of Colon Cancer

The member has not been on since July 18 so won't reply.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information