Thread: Endometriosis

Endometriosis

I was diagnosed with endometriosis at the age of 26, but my disease and case is so completed cause my illness has been passed on from my mother. Every female on my mothers side has or had endo. Mine was the worst of them all cause I was left infertile and had to have a hysterectomy at 27 which was a total hysterectomy( uterus and cervix removed). 2 yrs after that my endo flair back up and then I had to have my left ovary removed. Before all that I was put on a form of chemo drug called Lupron, which put me into medically induced menopause, gained a lot of weight, went into a deep deep depression, lost some of my hair, my body felt like it was burning on the inside, acne, then my anxiety got worse. I was glad when my surgery came cause I knew that pain was going to be gone and I never ever going to take that lupron again!!

Re: Endometriosis

Any form of stress makes anxiety worse, and the fact that you went through some pretty serious health issues would cause even "normal" people to become anxious.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Any form of stress makes anxiety worse, and the fact that you went through some pretty serious health issues would cause even "normal" people to become anxious.
    Exactly, yes Ive been through hell and back and I thought I could come out stronger then ever, but i was wrong. Ive been through an eating disorder, endo, and now and always have been struggling with anxiety,panic attacks and depression. So far anxiety has and always be the hardest fight yet cause I always shut down and never talk about whats troubling me

Well, at some point you’re going to have to deal with the trauma you’ve been dealt due to your health. We all wish we could just move on when we feel better, but unfortunately our brains don’t work that way. Getting a good therapist would be a really great thing for you. I also recommend the book, “The Body Keeps the Score” by Van dear Kolk. Look it up on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Well, at some point you’re going to have to deal with the trauma you’ve been dealt due to your health. We all wish we could just move on when we feel better, but unfortunately our brains don’t work that way. Getting a good therapist would be a really great thing for you. I also recommend the book, “The Body Keeps the Score” by Van dear Kolk. Look it up on Amazon.
    I’ve been reading a book for the last few days called “Self Compassion” by Kristen Nuff PH D. Been helping me cause I can help other people but never help myself. It’s a good read and I’m gonna check out the book you recommended. Thank you

Thread Information