Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IT HAS ALL GONE WRONG, AGAIN

Hi Meg

No i am not having counselling at the moment but was thinking about getting back in touch with Jean my CBT counseller to see what we could sort out.

The doctor has prescirbed me 1 mg of Trifluoperazine to take one a day but max of three.

Cant really find much information out about what they do etc.

She gave me a choice of three tablets that she would think of changing me to if feeling no better, Mirtazepine, Venlafaxine or Escitalopram, but isnt looking to do that at present. She also gave me a months presciption of Temazepam to get me some sleep without using the wine.

I havent taken any yet and last night didnt have any lager and 3/4 bottle of wine which is a lot better for me as i have been drinking far too much as you know. I didnt sleep but got through the night so thats a bonus. I havent got Sam tonight so will have a few glasses of wine as always feel unsettled when i am like this on my own. But tomorrow night i am not going to get a bottle of wine so i will have none in the house and see how that goes.

Love Sal xxxxx

Sal ,

Getting in touch with Jean is a really good idea - see if you can't improve upon how you approach and cope with relationships before the New Year.

I am familiar with all these drugs and do believe in medication to help us short or long term by giving us a well needed space and motivation - but I am not a big believer in adding in drugs to cope with a clear reactional emotional process.

This relationship theme is recurrant in your life and Jean will probably be the best way of tackling it .

Glad to hear that you are going to try to limit your wine and lager - perhaps you and Debbie can help each other on this one...

Meg
    www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Hi Meg

Totally appreciate your advice and needed some reassurance.

Regarding medication i will think about it and havent taken the presription to the chemist yet.

As for relationships think my past has a lot to do with it and am scared of committing to someone that cares.

Have spoken to Aidy tonight and he is coming over on Thursday so we can talk.

Suppose why felt so happy with Graham was that i knew he had committments and couldnt affect my life but that isnt how to live is it.

Need time and will sort out how i feel and tell Aidy how i feel and can only see what happens from there.

Thanks for your advice.

Love Sal xxxxx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information