Thread: Black specks in stool

Black specks in stool

I’m 15. For the past couple of months I’ve noticed small black dots in my stool. On occasions there has been blood but the blood was not in my stool just from that area. The specks are small and black, sometimes dark red and there are sometimes bigger flakes. Is this normal? I’m quite overweight. If it’s been going on for months should I be worried?

Re: Black specks in stool

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I assume black specs are some undigested food. They appears if you eat bananas for example. What happens when specs are in contact with water? If they do not dissolves in water, but stay firm then chances are small that specs you see are blood.

Surely blood woukd dissolve in the water?

Quote Originally Posted by wilky44 View Post
    Surely blood woukd dissolve in the water?
    I’m not sure if they’re just on the tissue or actually in the stool. Should I be worried?

Pepper, bananas, seeds, etc. I've always got black specks and can normally identify with whatever I've eaten. If in doubt go to the doctor, but at 15 I highly doubt its any thing sinister. You may have piles or an anal fissure. Are your BM's regular?

Thread Information