Thread: Burning smell

Burning smell

I dont want to google but is it true a burning smell that isnt there is a sign of brain tumour. I read somewhere once that its a myth and it could be any smell and is at an advanced stage of brain tumour and your more likely to have no smell. I guess as well it would probably be all the time ? Anyone else being through this and researched it ?

Re: Burning smell

I was led to believe (I refuse to google too!) that it was the smell of burning toast... I smell this quite a bit and always go to investigate lol.

I also suffer with dodgy sinuses and get strange smells up my nose all the time which is normal apparently and there are other ailments this is common with such as upper respiratory bugs - which are rife at the moment :(

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCH View Post
    I dont want to google but is it true a burning smell that isnt there is a sign of brain tumour. I read somewhere once that its a myth and it could be any smell and is at an advanced stage of brain tumour and your more likely to have no smell. I guess as well it would probably be all the time ? Anyone else being through this and researched it ?
    I had a period last year where I was smelling cigarette smoke and all it was was a phantom smell. People get them from time to time.

Keep in mind that it is the fall season and people will be burning everything from yard trimmings to fire wood right now.

It could also be due to a cold because it is very common for this to happen after an upper respiratory infection.

Have you recently had one of those?

I've never heard of this, but i also haven't read much up on brain cancer, but my grandmother had brain cancer and this symptom was never brought up, i also have a cousin (Through marriage) fighting brain cancer right now, and again that symptom has not been brought up. so it could be anything really i wouldn't blame cancer unless you started getting other symptoms related to brain cancer.

Thread Information