Thread: Spaced Out

Spaced Out

Hi,

Recently started on 25mg lyrica 3x a day. I used to self medicate with lyrica I bought online and had some positive response, so my doc prescribed me it. The doses I took when I self-medicated were higher, taking 150mg once a day in the evening.

Last night, on day 2, I went to a restaurant with my sister. I wasn’t massively anxious, but I was feeling like I wasn’t just there and not really contributing much. Until I had a coffee for dessert and then when I got home my head was spinning, I was crying and my mind wouldn’t stop. I recently fell out with my best friend who has cut contact with me, so that’s why I’ve been down.

Today I woke up and felt really spaced out. Is the coffee/lyrica a bad combination? I have social anxiety and depression so caffeine does help perk me up to communicate with people at the expense of some GAD.

Worried lyrica will just dull me if I’m taking it every day but I start a really stressful job in January and need to get my anxiety sorted if I can. However, I’ve always been depressed and worry about lyrica making that worse.

Re: Spaced Out

Hi Eyebrows - I don't think pregabalin and coffee are a terribly bad combination, ie not more than caffeine would do to you normally - it's going to vary from person to person. Also, pregabalin helps improve depression for some people, although that may not be true for everyone.

It seems that you have a lot going on emotionally in your life - this is going to be a big factor weighing on any medications you take. They can't tame it just like that. You need to work to find the combination of therapies that will get you through this - the right meds, but also things like CBT. Don't give up hope.

Lyrica makes me feel a little spaced out too. I'm on a much higher dose than you though (150mg twice daily). I find that the odd feelings are reduced significantly if taken with food. If I take it on an empty stomach I will feel utterly terrible.

I feel very spaced out as well. I take Gabapentin, which is very similar to Pregablin. I feel so odd- fatigued, spaced out, almost like I've had a glass of wine. I haven't been able to work out since I started this med. Is this going to last for awhile. Does anyone know when exactly the medicine kicks in- does in kick in after a few hours or right away? just curious.

Thread Information