Thread: Rabies Anxiety again!! Please help!

Rabies Anxiety again!! Please help!

Yesterday I was coming back after having dinner, I was passing in front of this closed shop all of a sudden I saw something that was flying. It was night I don't know if you see birds at night but I Assumed it's a BAT! I didn't see it well so don't know. I got nervous and tried to walk fast when I realized it's flying near behind me. After I came home I forgot to check my hands . Today I in the morning I saw a cut on my hand roughly 1 cm long then I remembered the bird or bat flying yesterday. Did it scratch my arm. I got extremely anxious and having anxiety I am scared what if the bat scratched me. I read on internet that if bat bite or scratch u u don't feel it. While I didn't see that I got in contact with it but what if It did scratch my arm??! Please help me!

Re: Rabies Anxiety again!! Please help!

Hi Hezeo,

I understand your concern but try to rationalize your fear.

1) you are not sure it was even a bat
    2) less than 1% of bats carry the disease
    3) bats are not aggressive and would most like not attack someone walking by
    4) when have you ever heard of someone contracting rabies? It is a rarity to say the least.

When the thought comes to mind, try not to give it the fear it wants. Just acknowledge it, say to yourself “this is a synthetic thought” and focus your attention onto something else. Best of luck! Just try to relax.

Re: Rabies Anxiety again!! Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by AnxietyZT View Post
    Hi Hezeo,

I understand your concern but try to rationalize your fear.

1) you are not sure it was even a bat
    2) less than 1% of bats carry the disease
    3) bats are not aggressive and would most like not attack someone walking by
    4) when have you ever heard of someone contracting rabies? It is a rarity to say the least.

When the thought comes to mind, try not to give it the fear it wants. Just acknowledge it, say to yourself “this is a synthetic thought” and focus your attention onto something else. Best of luck! Just try to relax.
    Excellent post. Hopefully the OP takes it in as the rabies rabbit hole is a deep one for sure!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information