Thread: frim citalopram to sertaline bit worried

frim citalopram to sertaline bit worried

so ive been on citalopram for many years now but lately they dont seem to be working my anxiety was sky high and constantly crying i just wanted to end my life so i went and spoke to the doc who then said to change to sertaline so i stopped my citalopram about 3 days ago then finally started the sertaline last night (i was so scared starting them as i ave emetophobia and i HATE meds am so scared of them making me sick) anyway today i went into town shopping with my mum and niece (usually i run round shops and just keep thinking am gonna panic i need to get home etc) but weirdly i felt nothing all day no one bit of anxiety ?? i no tabs take a while to get in your system and usually make you feel worse before they start to work (cit made me awful before they kicked in) am about to take my 2nd dose of sertaline (25mg) but as an emet am worrying again will this make me sick will i feel 10x worse blah blah WHYYYYY do i think this way as i took the tab yest and been fine so why would it make me ill this time ??

also would the tab of worked this fast as feeling nothing all day ??? my doc did say there pretty similar to citalopram ??

Re: frim citalopram to sertaline bit worried

Woke up this morning in an awful panic never had one so bad :( I couldn't breath right throats and chest started gagging and next min I passed out :( hate this life

Hi honey , I can’t give too much Info as I’ve only ever tried sertaline and was only on it for 4 days .... but I did come here for advice when I started it and this also happened to me! I was told by allot of people it can cause heightened anxiety before it settles in the body after a few weeks or a month ,,, i came off the tablet after 4 days as I was having too many side effects but everyone is different and allot of people said if I could ride out the side effects itl be worth it , my doctor gave me diazepam to help with the side effects but I just couldn’t take the sertaline any more , I was on mine for anxiety sorry if this doesn’t help , and I hope all this passes for you soon x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks i havent taken anymore either i couldnt cope with it

Sorry to hear. When you stopped the celexa did you tapper down? break them in half? That could factor in because it could be a withdrawal effect of the way you stopped celexa. I was on celexa for 7 years. It made me vomit terribly and pass out. I also was put on Zoloft (Setraline) since. The nausea wasn't as bad with setraline, but I did notice sexual side effects "same with celexa", I didn't notice a difference in my depression other than being overly emotional. I was on it for 3 weeks. I take Remeron now because it has zero side effects.

Chrisvmy doc just stopped the citalopram not slowly just full stop :( I've now started the 50mg sertaline and had a banging headache since but hope this passes.. I was ok started citalopram just really panicky n no appetite so hoping am the same on these sertaline till they kick in zx

Did the celexa make u vomit all way through them or just star n finishing them ? I was ok x

Thread Information