Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting Citalopram / escitalopram soon - any advice?

Re: Starting Citalopram / escitalopram soon - any advice?

I can understand you’re reluctance I was the same to the extent that I was prescribed Citalopram in June and it took me until and took me until October to start taking them,I found it hard to believe that it was anxiety that was causing all my problems as I’d never suffered with it before,starting on them was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made,I was lost before and the meds have helped me think so much more clearly and started enjoying things again,obviously hope you can manage without meds but don’t be afraid to ask a doc to try a different med if you need the help.Only thing meds haven’t helped me with is sleep hence why I’m still on here at 2 in the morning haha,take care

Re: Starting Citalopram / escitalopram soon - any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    Thanks Stu, I'm seeing how I go. I really hope I can manage without to be honest. But if things get really, really bad I might try again on a different med or maybe a lower dosage.
    I def feel your pain. I stuck it out on 20mg for 8 weeks, cant even list all the side effects that I had. (Still dealing with some after being off for 3 weeks).

Just with everything that happened when i was on it and seeing how hard it is for others to be on/come off of it i decided to go the natural route.

Im doing CBT therapy online. Also using some all natural supplements. I forget the full name since i dont have it on hand, but its a root extract all natural from gnc, as well as Natural Vitality Natural Calm Magnesium Supplement, both treat stress and anxiety, all 3 in combination have been helping me.

I know its a given, but getting exercise and eating healthy also help. I love working out and it really helps me. One thing i wanted to get done as well was a full panel blood test to see if i was deficient in anything. Which i was pretty low in vitamin D.

My doctor even told me research has proven increasing vitamin D helps with anxiety and depression amongst a whole lot of other things. It was pretty surprising how vital vitamin D is as far as being healthy in general. Im currently taking about 5,000-6,000 iu's daily, and have follow up blood work to check my level again in about 3 months.

With all of this combined, I actually feel really good. Hopefully this post helps and gives you some different avenue's to try before being put on another med. I already made a promise to myself after my horrible experience with cit that i'd never go back on another SSRI, but some of us need it and have no other choice. Be well!
    Last edited by Wess2121; 26-01-18 at 17:10.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information