Hey there,
This might sound pretty odd but I've been suffering from chronic sore throat and voice loss for the past year or so.
I've been tested for things like reflux (including causes of reflux, such as ulcers and other numerous things), thrush, nodules, polyps, etc. but nothing's come up, so most of my doctors have presumed that it's an anxiety issue. It took me a while, but I've been willing to accept that there's a high chance it could be seeing as all of my muscles are constantly tense and despite having cameras stuck down my throat, nothing's shown up.
I was just wondering if anybody had any suggestions for making this better, because if it really is an anxiety problem I'm not sure how to get rid of the issue or to control it as a whole. I've had counselling before but that didn't do anything, and I'm seeing a therapist but so far I haven't had any luck.
I've also tried taking L-theanine (enzyme which is supposed to help with relaxation) and valerian root but neither of them have made a difference. I can't get hold of any anti-anxiety medication either because I'm still under 16 and they don't sell things like that over the counter in the UK.
This has affected my life so much and I'm constantly upset about this issue every day, so I would really appreciate a response. Even if it's just a few tips
thank you