Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brain working recursive Therapy

Re: Brain working recursive Therapy

An add on, I emailed the psychologist in the Daily Mail article who was saying how amazing BWRT is. She replied to say that as BWRT is a new therapy (since about 2014 I believe) they only have clinical based evidence. She said that because their first use of the therapy was so positive, they went ahead and used it on others (and obviously trained loads of hypnotherapists to use it). She said they are keeping data (where is it?) and client feedback and they have a clinical psychology doctoral student who is conducting research on a small scale. But then she said that whenever they use BWRT, it is with signed consent of the client who are fully briefed that this is a new therapy currently lacking in peer reviewed evidence. This did not happen with me. In fact, on my form it said: BWRT has been proven to achieve quicker and more effective results compared to other styles of therapy. And if it doesn't work (as not all therapies do work) it could be because' the ability to change rests with the client'!

Hmmm.

What a cop out. Do they offer a refund if the client doesn't respond......Hell no.

I had my first BWRT session today. I understand the science behind it a little.

It was a little like hypnosis where I see myself having becoming very panicky in some social situations. Then I see myself in the future looking back shortly before where I have no panic attacks. I see myself as unable to have a panic attack in that situation because I am the "old but new" ME.

I don't know if it's a 100% cure-all ,but my therapist didn't sell it to me like this. He said it is many therapies together which can help. It was the future after knowing I was panic-free. It gave me more confidence. We shall see.

My therapist knows a lot about panic attacks. He is very kind and gentle. He listens to me. It helped, even if was just to talk to a nice stranger about what ails me mentally. He suffered with panic attacks as well. He gave me some good advice. Was worth it for sure. And it wasn't that dear in price really.

BWRT therapy is true in the fact that you do not have freewill when you have a panic attacks. Terrance Watt is no fool. To what degee BWRT is effective, I have no idea. It is just one of many tools in a therapist's toolbox. Hey, if makes me feel more confident going into an inteview, the more power to it.

But I understand people who try it with no success. It feels like a major scam.

I try whatever I can after doing some research. BWRT is science-based, however. I know that it seems to be hynotherapists who use it. But it made feel better about my issues.
    Some people just don't have success with certain therapies.
    Last edited by Iceman338; 18-01-18 at 02:40.

Sorry for the necro-bump, but I've been searching for info regarding this method (even going so far as to join their facebook group in the hopes of finding someone for whom BWRT has worked): Nada. The practitioners suggest that it's because those who have been healed are reluctant to come forward, but if it had worked for me, I'd shout it from the roof tops.

With all the hooplah about it's replacing conventional approaches and changing people's lives, the best I can find in terms of reviews are testimonials on the company's main page (first name, no photo?). The founder (Terence Watts) was VERY defensive about this, and personally told me "the sufferer might see 100 positive posts and only 1 negative one and they will tend to believe the negative one!" I found the numbers to be skewed in the opposite direction, tbh, all I really wanted in order to give it a go was one glowing review from a real person, but I'm still looking for it.

In all, they truly seem more interested in selling their training course than helping people overcome fears.

Quote Originally Posted by kalkaea View Post
    Sorry for the necro-bump, but I've been searching for info regarding this method (even going so far as to join their facebook group in the hopes of finding someone for whom BWRT has worked): Nada. The practitioners suggest that it's because those who have been healed are reluctant to come forward, but if it had worked for me, I'd shout it from the roof tops.

With all the hooplah about it's replacing conventional approaches and changing people's lives, the best I can find in terms of reviews are testimonials on the company's main page (first name, no photo?). The founder (Terence Watts) was VERY defensive about this, and personally told me "the sufferer might see 100 positive posts and only 1 negative one and they will tend to believe the negative one!" I found the numbers to be skewed in the opposite direction, tbh, all I really wanted in order to give it a go was one glowing review from a real person, but I'm still looking for it.

In all, they truly seem more interested in selling their training course than helping people overcome fears.
    Yeah, I really think they are talking a load of BS there. For a start, they have a interest in gaining positive testimonials so can easily follow up their patients. To suggest no one posts a good one simple because they are happy is garbage. There are plenty of products out there where those who are helped tell their stories including therapies & meds through their doctors...we have a whole board for it on here.

A defensive "guru" is always a red flag to me. It reminds me of another (who we can't take about on here) who is the same. People may focus on the negative but that doesn't delete them from the internet . If anything a desperate person focusses on the positive reviews, it's why so many anxiety sufferers get duped by "gurus".

I'm posting here because I also searched for information in vain before I just said 'sod it' and paid for a session. I figure my experience might help someone else.

I no longer suffer from panic attacks although I did in the past, so I know how horrible it is.

I went for BWRT to help with drinking too much and comfort-eating chocolate. Both these things were making me gain weight, but I didn't seem able to stop doing them.

I know a little about the latest brain research (just enough to be dangerous) so the theory behind BWRT made perfect sense to me. BUT, during my session, I was thinking "what on earth have I done? This is nonsense! It will never work."

However, it's a week later now and I have yet to want a drink at home. Nor do I want to eat chocolate. I've tried both, and neither is all that enjoyable anymore.

It's weird, but the therapy really has made a difference to me.

The therapist talked me out of a 6-week hypnotherapy weight loss program that she offers (which would have cost £400+) and into BWRT (which cost £80), so I don't see this as a scam. She said she feels it's worth it because each person who experiences the benefits of the therapy recommends new people to her and she makes her money that way.

What happens in a session? They ask you to imagine yourself in the problematic situation, and to get a really clear picture of it in your mind. Then they say 'freeze that picture.' Then they have you imagine how you would prefer to act or feel, they they talk really fast while they guide you between the two images in your mind. (I can't remember exactly what she was saying). Then they ask you to try and recall that initial image of yourself having the problem. The weird thing was - I couldn't hang on to the image. You know that feeling when you've had a dream and you try to remember it, but it keeps slipping just out of reach? Anyway, as I said, I didn't believe that would change anything in real life. When I got home, I told my husband "I think I've just wasted £80.

But I was wrong. I am no longer the person who drinks wine every night and guzzles chocolate. I just don't want them anymore. I've lost 2 pounds this week. We'll see if it continues - but there's definitely more to this than you might think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information