Page 139 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1395

Thread: Cervical and uterine pain and symptoms

Re: Cervical and uterine pain and symptoms

Had my HIV etc tests today. I'm pretty anxious about the results, even though I've never really thought about HIV before.

Apparently 100,000 people in the UK have HIV and half of them are gay or bi. So the guy I slept with would have to be one of 50,000.

I also read that from having vaginal sex with somebody with HIV there's a 2% you'll catch it. I only did it once. So a really small chance, right??

I read there sometimes aren't symptoms for years but most people get flu-like symptoms for a couple of weeks just after infection. I don't THINK I did.

Plus my complete blood count looks ok.

So it's very unlikely I have HIV, right? Do you think? What do you think?

With the amount of research you do, I'm sure you can answer your own questions.

I really just don't know!!

My results aren't back yet. Normally they come back in my patient portal really quickly.

I don't have HIV! Nearly cried.

Always a brave thing to confront Jenny - well done. Xxxx

Great to hear! Not surprising, but great.

Thank you xx

All my injections arrived today! So many needles

I'll inject myself for a few weeks and then have my eggs retrieved! My consultant thinks maybe eight eggs. It would be great if there were more but even if there are less it only takes one ultimately.

I also get free counselling with the clinic, as much as I want! So I'm going to do that.

If anybody has a moment, please can you think some good thoughts for me, if you can? It can't hurt! I like to think that there are people who are just occasionally thinking about me and hoping things go ok.

I'm trying to make the other parts of my life as good and as meaningful as possible too. My job is going pretty well and I have made a friend in my new town. Tomorrow I'm going to go home for Easter. Dating isn't going so well right now, but I still have so much time to meet somebody I like.

Hey Jenny

I don't know if you'll see this, but I was just checking in to see how things are for you. Hoping all still positive, like the above post sounds.

xxxx

Hi Jenny!

I've not been on here for a long time but I've just caught up. I admit I smiled when you said you weren't catastrophising as I'd just been muttering "Catastrophising!" as I read your certainty the sperm would be in an accident or something. Your "bad feeling" (Iknow it well!") IS catastrophising. But then I read on and it was looking more positive, so... still praying for you Sweetie.

Thank you for your kind words about my daughter. They addressed her prolactin issue and she is now almost 33 weeks pregnant - they do think the baby is probably going to be early, and Lucy needs to have a caesarian (although they are now saying they may let her try to give birth) - but it is a healthy little girl and every day in Mum is a bonus.

I agree with the person who said it's important to sort your head out. That's how to be the best Mum you can be. How I wish my mum had had the opportunity to go to counselling... I'd love to know how you are doing, and wish you all the best. x

Page 139 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140 LastLast

Thread Information