Page 1 of 140 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Cervical and uterine pain and symptoms

Cervical and uterine pain and symptoms

Weirdly quite calm at the moment.

Anyway, I noticed my cervix was red so I went to the doctor and she said it was ectropion. She said she couldn't see any ulceration or anything cancery.

I looked again later and could clearly see a white plaque-like area. I accepted it could be mucus or something, so checked again on subsequent days. It was still there. I showed the photos to my doctor and she could see it. However, she couldn't examine me properly again because I'd started my period (unless that was cancer bleeding). She did say that it wasn't anything malignant because it wasn't there when she checked (it definitely was, she just missed it) and she would be surprised if lots of nurses and consultants hadn't spotted it during my miscarriage. However, she couldn't tell me what else it could be. It definitely looks like cancer. I've been tested for infection and it's clear.

I'm going back in soon when my period has stopped, and she's booked me to see a gynecologist just in case.

I also sent the photos to an oncological consultant on JustAnswer and spoke to him on the phone. He said it wasn't cancer. However, I'm pretty sure the doctors on that site just say anything to reassure you!

I have had at clear smears in the past, the most recent being December 2016. However, smears aren't always accurate. Especially if the cancer had started in the cervical canal.

It just looks messed up. All red (supposed ectropion) and then this white plaque-like area. I honestly don't know what that could be apart from cancer. Or maybe CIN at the very least. I'd share the photos here but they may not be welcomed :')

In light of my premonition as well I do think this could well be cancer. Not 100%, but it seems very likely to me.

The last man I was with was very promiscuous and could easily have given me HPV.

I have occasionally had mid-cycle spotting in the past, and occasionally bleeding after sex. Recently I've had some lower abdominal discomfort but have attributed that to ovarian cysts and general post-miscarriage issues. My HCG is also somewhat elevated (latest result tomorrow) and cervical cancers can excrete HCG. I really shouldn't have HCG left in my system now from the miscarriage. It's been several weeks. I've also had some discomfort occasionally during urination, going back a few months.

So yeah :/ amazed I'm not panicking more. Just 6mg of diazepam has helped. Don't know if anyone has any ideas what else this could be, if not cancer or CIN? I can't see for the life of me what else it could be and even my doctor said "I don't know"!

Thanks all.

Jenny

Re: Legitimately may have cervical cancer

This is a long post so you may have to excuse my replies if they're messed up, you went through a miscarriage not long ago which would of hugely effected your cervix as the baby has to pass through there..

You aren't trained to look at your cervix and say if it's cancer or not and how on earth are you even taking photos of your cervix?

A doctor online and in real life have told you it doesn't look like cancer so where are you getting it from that it is cancer?

Stop looking up cervical cancer the smears are as accurate as they can be or they wouldn't be done.

I know it's scary, everything to do with the downstairs lady area is bloody scary, but you need to take the facts in that people that are trained in this have told you that it doesn't look like cancer.

If I googled one of my moles it would probably look like a cancerous mole because that's google for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by elliewebber View Post
    This is a long post so you may have to excuse my replies if they're messed up, you went through a miscarriage not long ago which would of hugely effected your cervix as the baby has to pass through there..

You aren't trained to look at your cervix and say if it's cancer or not and how on earth are you even taking photos of your cervix?

A doctor online and in real life have told you it doesn't look like cancer so where are you getting it from that it is cancer?

Stop looking up cervical cancer the smears are as accurate as they can be or they wouldn't be done.

I know it's scary, everything to do with the downstairs lady area is bloody scary, but you need to take the facts in that people that are trained in this have told you that it doesn't look like cancer.

If I googled one of my moles it would probably look like a cancerous mole because that's google for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, I don't really trust the online doctor because I think they're basically just paid to reassure people. Also, all he could suggest was "dried mucus" to which I responded no, it's been there days, I've checked and it's not mucus. Then he said it could be fungal. It's not fungal, it just isn't. At that point all he could say was it's not cancer.

My real doctor simply didn't see the white plaque when she examined me. Maybe there was cervical mucus in the way, or maybe a bit of blood from the supposed ectropion covered it. However, when she saw my photos she agreed it warranted follow up once my period/bleeding had stopped. She couldn't give me an answer as to what it could be. All she could say is she'd have to examine me again. She definitely didn't dismiss the photos as not looking like cancer. She just said she couldn't base any judgements on photos.

Seems dodge af to me. Let's see. Maybe just leukoplakia if I'm lucky? Seems like the only possible benign explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    Well, I don't really trust the online doctor because I think they're basically just paid to reassure people. Also, all he could suggest was "dried mucus" to which I responded no, it's been there days, I've checked and it's not mucus. Then he said it could be fungal. It's not fungal, it just isn't. At that point all he could say was it's not cancer.

My real doctor simply didn't see the white plaque when she examined me. Maybe there was cervical mucus in the way, or maybe a bit of blood from the supposed ectropion covered it. However, when she saw my photos she agreed it warranted follow up once my period/bleeding had stopped. She couldn't give me an answer as to what it could be. All she could say is she'd have to examine me again. She definitely didn't dismiss the photos as not looking like cancer. She just said she couldn't base any judgements on photos.

Seems dodge af to me. Let's see. Maybe just leukoplakia if I'm lucky? Seems like the only possible benign explanation.

I wouldn't bother with online doctors and if you didn't pay I definitely wouldn't bother with them as they're just there to say stuff you wanna hear but they are doctors and they do know what they're talking about.

It might be gone time your period has stopped hopefully and because you've had a smear test in December 2016 it's a good sign as I think cervical cancer can take a while to develop? (Don't quote me on that but I think I read it somewhere and that's why they do a 3 year gap between smear tests)

Please don't google though it's full of horror stories you are better off waiting for the doctor to examine you and don't go looking around and irritating the area every day as your lady bits are very sensitive - I wouldn't even know how to look into my cervix, don't think I'll try it either.

X

Sorry to disagree but you cannot name this thread "Legitimately may have cervical cancer". Nothing you have posted points to that all.

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Sorry to disagree but you cannot name this thread "Legitimately may have cervical cancer". Nothing you have posted points to that all.

Agreed.

Jenny how are you getting a good view of your cervix? I thought it was 3 inches up and only could be seen using a tool. I may be wrong.

Jenny,

I have had borderline, then mild, moderate and severe abnormalities of the cervix. I have to have colposcopys every 6 months to monitor it, but the doctor said the chance of me developing cancer is really quite low.

When I go for a colposcopy, my cervix looks different each time. The only way that they can see the white areas of abnormality is by putting a solution on it, so that they know where to take the smear and punch biopsy from.

I know it is scary, but I really do not think you have cervical cancer. Your cervix can change for a variety of reasons, scarring or hormones, where you are in your cycle, it's current position, etc. Ask for a test if you're really worried, but I don't think that you have cervical cancer.

Sending love. xx

Ellie, I have a speculum and a mirror!

Thanks Emmer. It worries me that that my white patch is actually already visible. That makes me think it could already be cancer. I hope you're right though. I'll have another examination soon and maybe a biopsy.

It sounds like you are in a bad place in a HA spiral right now. I know that you're convinced it's likely to be cancer, even though every medical person you've seen says otherwise, but the following screams health anxiety to me:

• *It is really really bizarre to be taking photos of your own cervix. You have absolutely no idea what you are looking for as you are not medically trained. Some photos you've seen on the internet do not count as medical training. When you say, "it definitely looks like cancer" you simply cannot say that - you don't have that knowledge.

• *You think you know better than the doctors you've seen and consulted. They must have "missed something" because you know better.

• *Sending photos to an oncological consultant on JustAnswer and then not believing what they tell you, because you think you know better, and at this point in an HA spiral you are doubting every medical professional's opinion anyway.

• *Not believing the results of your cervical smear test last year because they're "not always accurate".

• *Magical thinking: you genuinely believe you had a premonition which means that you can now foresee the future.

You've been through a miscarriage, which is hugely traumatic for your body and a horrible thing for you to have gone through. Yes everything is going to be messed up down there unfortunately. But it doesn't mean it's cancer. It just doesn't. You need to find a way to accept what medical professionals are telling you, because otherwise this gynaecologist appointment will mean nothing to you either because a premonition and some searching online tells you otherwise.
    Last edited by Annaboodle; 30-10-17 at 19:54.

Why you are even in possession of a speculum is beyond me. You need a different hobby. I though my tongue checking was bad, but this is a whole other level. What next? A home punch biopsy?

Page 1 of 140 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information