Me too!!!

I'm sure you would, maybe change your picture give us a twirl

Re: Legitimately may have cervical cancer

Quote Originally Posted by elliewebber View Post
    I'm sure you would, maybe change your picture give us a twirl
    Be careful what you wish for...

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    Thank you. I hope so too, but I'm also trying to prepare for the worst. CIN wouldn't be so bad. I'd just have part of the cervix excised.

Cancer would be bad. I want to be prepared for that and read up a lot on general anaesthetic, as I'd definitely need my entire cervix removed and probably a hysterectomy. Of course, I do hope I'm wrong, but I also want to try to find peace with this outcome.
    I thought I had cervical cancer just recently due to spitting before periods and after sex. I had a smear and everything was normal. The smear tests are very accurate I'm sure. I think you've irritated your cervix by poking and looking at it the many times you do each day. If you've just had a miscarriage it takes a good while for your cervix to go back to normal as well as your hormones which could also be affecting it.

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    Thanks Ariana... that's why I don't Google so much though. I tend to read medical journals / papers / manuals and watch seminars aimed at medical students.

In the manual I've just been reading, I seem to fit the bill for adenocarcinoma. Rough feeling surface, papery membrane that peels easily, red and white lesions (will need to look more carefully tomorrow if I can get the endoscope to work). I will also be able to look for abnormal vessels tomorrow. When I've had a clearer view I think I'll go straight to the doctor if it looks bad.

That would also explain why it wasn't picked up at earlier smears... adenocarcinomas start in the cervical canal, so often can't be reached.

On the other hand, it doesn't look as bad as the photos of adenocarcinoma. But those could be more advanced cases of course.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong and it's just CIN or even just ectropion. It just doesn't seem likely to be ectropion based on all the symptoms so far.
    I’ve been reading your thread since you started it. You sure seem to enjoy shocking people. If you’re serious you need to see someone about your mental health. You have problems. If you aren’t serious and are just winding people up then carry on. That’s allowed here. 😉

I guess I chose that photo because it reminds me of when I was really fit and happy and normal! Instead of all emaciated and mental. I want to go back back to how I was.

I wish I was winding you all up!

I've only touched it a couple of times with clean hands. Like I've said before, no less safe or hygienic than having sex.
    Last edited by O_O; 08-11-17 at 08:34.

Quote Originally Posted by swajj View Post
    I’ve been reading your thread since you started it. You sure seem to enjoy shocking people. If you’re serious you need to see someone about your mental health. You have problems. If you aren’t serious and are just winding people up then carry on. That’s allowed here. 😉
    I don't think for one moment the op is "enjoying shocking people" or that she's winding people up. She's obviously in the grip of a horrendous downward spiral of HA.

Yeah I'm really not intending to shock anyone. I'm just trying to sort out my diagnosis and prepare for the worst I guess.

There's one thing I can't find an answer to. I'm still looking. Ectropion is basically the eversion of columnar epithelium cells from the cervical canal onto the ectocervix. It's quite common. The process of metaplasia then takes over, and the ectropion is resolved. But metaplasia is irreversible. So I wonder how I could have had ectropion at 19, which then underwent the process of metaplasia, and then again now? I guess that during pregnancy more of the columnar epithelium cells could have everted, pushing the new metaplastic squamous epithelium back. But I have little islands of columnar epithelium in what looks to be the mature metaplastic squamous epithelium. I don't get how that's possible. How can I have ectropy in that area. The borders are soooooo uneven and jagged.

I'm trying to find an answer to that. Trying to see if it's possible.

I looked with the endoscope, but couldn't see any crazy looking vessels or ulceration. The very jagged border was more evident though.

A lot rests on the results of the HPV test. If it's negative then I can accept that this is a strange ectropion which is maybe undergoing metaplasia. If it's positive, it's looking much more likely that this lesion is something more ****ed up than ectropion.

Quote Originally Posted by elliewebber View Post
    If you got it flaunt it, good on her! I wish I look that slim in a bikini

Yep lots of people have got it, but tend to flaunt it on slightly different forums But if its just to remind yourself of how you'd like to look again, print the pic and just stick it on the fridge !

But I do wish the OP all the very best on her recovery journey.

Cath ☺

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine S View Post
    Yep lots of people have got it, but tend to flaunt it on slightly different forums But if its just to remind yourself of how you'd like to look again, print the pic and just stick it on the fridge !

But I do wish the OP all the very best on her recovery journey.

Cath ☺
    I've changed it to a face pic just for you, Cath...

Page 19 of 140 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread Information