Page 2 of 140 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Cervical and uterine pain and symptoms

Re: Legitimately may have cervical cancer

Please be careful if you're regularly checking. It isn't a area you want to irritate. Make sure you wash it too after each time it's been used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Annaboodle View Post
    It sounds like you are in a bad place in a HA spiral right now. I know that you're convinced it's likely to be cancer, even though every medical person you've seen says otherwise, but the following screams health anxiety to me:

• *It is really really bizarre to be taking photos of your own cervix. You have absolutely no idea what you are looking for as you are not medically trained. Some photos you've seen on the internet do not count as medical training. When you say, "it definitely looks like cancer" you simply cannot say that - you don't have that knowledge.

• *You think you know better than the doctors you've seen and consulted. They must have "missed something" because you know better.

• *Sending photos to an oncological consultant on JustAnswer and then not believing what they tell you, because you think you know better, and at this point in an HA spiral you are doubting every medical professional's opinion anyway.

• *Not believing the results of your cervical smear test last year because they're "not always accurate".

• *Magical thinking: you genuinely believe you had a premonition which means that you can now foresee the future.

You've been through a miscarriage, which is hugely traumatic for your body and a horrible thing for you to have gone through. Yes everything is going to be messed up down there unfortunately. But it doesn't mean it's cancer. It just doesn't. You need to find a way to accept what medical professionals are telling you, because otherwise this gynaecologist appointment will mean nothing to you either because a premonition and some searching online tells you otherwise.
    I know... but there's just no reason for a white area on the cervix that isn't cancer. Maybe if there was an infection, but I've been checked for that.

Also, my doctor did say once she saw the photos that she would need to look again once my period stopped and refer me to a gynecologist if the white bit of still there (which it is). This is because based on the photos, it looks kind of dodgy. She said she didn't see it when she examined me last time but she simply must have missed it because I took the first photo the same day!

I do know how this sounds from an outsider's perspective though.

stop checking your cervix!!!!!
    Even for me as a terrible HA sufferer that's one of the worst things you could do!
    I checked my blood pressure all the time and OMG i nearly went insane, plus I did this whilst pregnant and I really wish I hadn't, sometimes it was 200 /120!
    Then'd I'd freak out and check it again and it would go down - it's just that we don't really know what we are doing - we freak out, I could have been holding the monitor wrong etc etc - checking your cervix all the time is crazy - no offense, I'm crazy.
    But stop it ... what colour is the cervix suppose to be?
    Surely RED - sometimes the cervix might be irritated, thrush etc can cause that ... but stop checking - I can say almost with 100% conviction that you're fine.
    Obviously, I can't really say it as I have no idea ha ha but given my diseases, I've always thought I've had I reckon you're ok ......

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    I have a speculum and a mirror!
    Really?... With respect, why the hell are you, a non medical professional even looking let alone contorting yourself so you can see?!

It's like the mouth cave photos and vivid descriptions of poo and interior bowel areas!

I don't know what it is lately. Maybe it has to do with the change of seasons or something but some of the threads lately have been

Just let your real life doctor handle it (which they are), stay away from online doctors and Dr. Google and for goodness sake, let your lady bits have a rest!

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Jeez.. you really really need to NOT check your cervix! You seriously run the risk of infection. Which is possibly what it could be.

Google the cervix project. Your cervix changes every single day!

When I had my 2nd child, the dr examined me and he asked ME where my cervix was because he couldn't even see it!

But seriously. Throw the speculum away. You're adding to your anxiety massively, I'm guessing you're not medically trained, you have no idea what you're looking for. Anything you Google health related will lead to cancer..

Quote Originally Posted by cyberchondriac. View Post
    Jeez.. you really really need to NOT check your cervix! You seriously run the risk of infection. Which is possibly what it could be.

Google the cervix project. Your cervix changes every single day!

When I had my 2nd child, the dr examined me and he asked ME where my cervix was because he couldn't even see it!

But seriously. Throw the speculum away. You're adding to your anxiety massively, I'm guessing you're not medically trained, you have no idea what you're looking for. Anything you Google health related will lead to cancer..
    I googled the cervix project... the first thing that came up was a video called "how to photograph your own cervix".

I'm clearly onto something!

Seriously though, I do think this white thing is very suspicious. If you could see it... I won't show you though. Perhaps it's just some sort of leukoplakia or bizarre looking squamocolumnar junction but... I'm not so sure.

I've been desperate for my period for ages to mark the end of my miscarriage, but now I wish it would clear up so they can examine me properly and test for HPV and diagnose this white thing.

That you even know this term "squamocolumnar junction" speaks volumes

If the doctors thought checking your own cervix was a good idea they would advise it like they do with breast checking.

Unless we have medical training we aren't sure what's supposed to go where or look like that's just life.

Are you checking and taking pictures while on your period? You are running the risk of infection massively the cervix is to be left alone at all times unless going through a medical examination it will irritate the cervix and allow germs to pass through etc...

Throw whatever you have out tonight and stop looking at your cervix - I wouldn't even wanna look at mine.

Didn't you also have a pelvic exam the other day? They'd of noticed something abnormally wrong then wouldn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by elliewebber View Post
    If the doctors thought checking your own cervix was a good idea they would advise it like they do with breast checking.

Unless we have medical training we aren't sure what's supposed to go where or look like that's just life.

Are you checking and taking pictures while on your period? You are running the risk of infection massively the cervix is to be left alone at all times unless going through a medical examination it will irritate the cervix and allow germs to pass through etc...

Throw whatever you have out tonight and stop looking at your cervix - I wouldn't even wanna look at mine.

Didn't you also have a pelvic exam the other day? They'd of noticed something abnormally wrong then wouldn't they?

Yes, my doctor looked and said it was just ectropion. However, that same evening I took the first photo and there is clearly a white area. I've taken other photos since. Plus I can see it clearly with the naked eye in the mirror. My doctor agrees that there is a white area from the photos, but says it wasn't there when she examined it. It was. She just missed it somehow.

Anyway, once I've stopped bleeding she'll examine me again.

I can feel a sort of dent where the white area is too. The white parts appear raised, and dented in the centre.

This thread is fu**ing insane.

Page 2 of 140 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information