Page 29 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Cervical and uterine pain and symptoms

Re: Legitimately may have cervical cancer

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    Yeah, I used to be pretty fun before all this. Believe it or not. Bit of a **** though. Maybe this is my punishment.

It isn't punishment don't worry, with the right help for your anxiety you will eventually be able to get back to some sort of normal, this isn't forever.

I know you are certain you have a illness but I really don't think you do, I'm not a medical professional but going by what everyone who is has said to you it sounds like something minor, even with HPV it isn't a guarantee you will get/have cancer as they will watch you more etc.

I really think taking a break from this forum for even a day or two will help as I said previously talking about this all day can't be good and spending time on this forum all day can't be good.

I have asked I think but have you spoken to your mum about all this and told her all you're doing and willing to do? I think she would be very shocked and maybe she can help you see you do need help with your anxiety regardless if you had anything wrong with your cervix constantly checking it, buying medical tools, learning how to do acid tests is NOT normal and it is making you quite obviously anxious and unwell.

Every time you do these self checks do they help or make you feel more anxious?

Quote Originally Posted by elliewebber View Post
    It isn't punishment don't worry, with the right help for your anxiety you will eventually be able to get back to some sort of normal, this isn't forever.

I know you are certain you have a illness but I really don't think you do, I'm not a medical professional but going by what everyone who is has said to you it sounds like something minor, even with HPV it isn't a guarantee you will get/have cancer as they will watch you more etc.

I really think taking a break from this forum for even a day or two will help as I said previously talking about this all day can't be good and spending time on this forum all day can't be good.

I have asked I think but have you spoken to your mum about all this and told her all you're doing and willing to do? I think she would be very shocked and maybe she can help you see you do need help with your anxiety regardless if you had anything wrong with your cervix constantly checking it, buying medical tools, learning how to do acid tests is NOT normal and it is making you quite obviously anxious and unwell.

Every time you do these self checks do they help or make you feel more anxious?
    I know. It would just be great if I was negative for HPV because then I almost certainly wouldn't have cancer or CIN. I just think it's very likely I do have HPV. Before me (maybe during!) my ex was with so many women casually, and some of them were ex strippers and stuff, so... yeah. Plus my immune system is probably down at the moment, and certainly would have been during pregnancy.

And on that colposcopy website http://screening.iarc.fr/atlascolpod...,102,105,111#0 (take a look, so many interesting cervices) virtually ALL the women with just ectropion / something else benign are HPV negative. There are like three who are HPV positive.

And obviously all the ones with CIN and cancer are HPV positive.

So yeah, it's going to be a bummer if I'm positive. Which I'd say is more likely than not. Oh well. Maybe just nice early CIN 1? Here's hoping.

I don't really know if the self exams help. At least I can see what's going on. My mother does know. She tries to dissuade me. I find it hard to distract myself with other things. Sometimes I can do a crossword or read a little.

I'm going to try 5HTP today.

I know. It would just be great if I was negative for HPV because then I almost certainly wouldn't have cancer or CIN. I just think it's very likely I do have HPV. Before me (maybe during!) my ex was with so many women casually, and some of them were ex strippers and stuff, so... yeah. Plus my immune system is probably down at the moment, and certainly would have been during pregnancy.

And on that colposcopy website http://screening.iarc.fr/atlascolpod...,102,105,111#0 (take a look, so many interesting cervices) virtually ALL the women with just ectropion / something else benign are HPV negative. There are like three who are HPV positive.

And obviously all the ones with CIN and cancer are HPV positive.

So yeah, it's going to be a bummer if I'm positive. Which I'd say is more likely than not. Oh well. Maybe just nice early CIN 1? Here's hoping.

I don't really know if the self exams help. At least I can see what's going on. My mother does know. She tries to dissuade me. I find it hard to distract myself with other things. Sometimes I can do a crossword or read a little.

I'm going to try 5HTP today.

Sadly that's the risk with having sex with anyone now a days, we never know the past etc but till you know the results I wouldn't worry about planning ahead on anything.

What is 5HTP?

Quote Originally Posted by elliewebber View Post
    Sadly that's the risk with having sex with anyone now a days, we never know the past etc but till you know the results I wouldn't worry about planning ahead on anything.

What is 5HTP?
    Some sort of OTC supplement that supposedly increases serotonin. Worth a shot.

I've stupidly been reading horror stories on Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust about women whose smears just totally missed established cancer (normally adenocarcinoma) or women for whom CIN 1 progressed to cancer in a year.

Normally that's due to low immune system, including pregnancy! And I think my immune system has probably been down a bit for at least a year as it's been a really quite stressful time anyway.

Even if I didn't have cancer at my last smear, I could have developed CIN shortly after which could have progressed to cancer by now given my weakened immune system.

I don't think the 5HTP is doing much. Maybe it takes a while to work, if it works at all.

I just can't see this being ok. Maybe that's just catastrophising, which I am prone to, but it just feels like I'm nearly at the end. And everything just sort of feels weird in my general pelvic area. I first started noticing that in early pregnancy and it's never really gone away. Again, could be hyperawareness, but I don't know.

Hi, just reviewing some of your thread this morning. I just wanted to jump in and check - are you on meds in addition to taking the 5HTP? If you are, you may want to be very careful and double check. If you are taking an anti-depressant that impacts serotonin, you could be putting yourself at risk of serotonin syndrome by taking 5HTP at the time time. Are you on an SSRI?

I've stupidly been reading horror stories on Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust about women whose smears just totally missed established cancer (normally adenocarcinoma) or women for whom CIN 1 progressed to cancer in a year.

Normally that's due to low immune system, including pregnancy! And I think my immune system has probably been down a bit for at least a year as it's been a really quite stressful time anyway.

Even if I didn't have cancer at my last smear, I could have developed CIN shortly after which could have progressed to cancer by now given my weakened immune system.

I don't think the 5HTP is doing much. Maybe it takes a while to work, if it works at all.

I just can't see this being ok. Maybe that's just catastrophising, which I am prone to, but it just feels like I'm nearly at the end. And everything just sort of feels weird in my general pelvic area. I first started noticing that in early pregnancy and it's never really gone away. Again, could be hyperawareness, but I don't know.

Why are you doing this to yourself? Reading horror stories is only going to make it worse, with every cancer/illness you will find a horror story, because sometimes these things happen.

Also coming on here and telling people facts about these horror stories as I have said previously could trigger this fear in anyone and that really isn't fair.

Swg, no, not on any antidepressants. Just occasional diazepam. Thanks for checking.

Ellie, I know it's a bad idea, and I don't want to trigger anyone. I know it's rare for the smear to miss anything. I'm just thinking I could be one of those rare cases, given my symptoms.

- have had mid-cycle and post-coital spotting in the past (occasionally, and just a small amount of spotting) which I always just thought was normal and hormonal as I'd had clear smears

- started getting a bit of lower back pain about a year ago which I attributed to tweaking something around the sciatic nerve at the gym. It's better with stretches and if I avoid free squats but it's never completely gone away.

- never had HPV vaccine and have been with a man who's been with hundreds of women, including ex strippers, at a time when my immune system was compromised

- general pelvic area been feeling weird for months

- messed up looking red thing on cervix

Plus just a feeling I have. I know it's normal to have that feeling of dread with health anxiety, but...

You keep saying your immune system was compromised. Was this verified or are you just assuming that it was?Did you gave blood yests durimg this time thst confirmed low wbc?

Quote Originally Posted by Capercrohnj View Post
    You keep saying your immune system was compromised. Was this verified or are you just assuming that it was?Did you gave blood yests durimg this time thst confirmed low wbc?
    I had blood tests which were normal, apart from slightly raised eosinophils at one point. I didn't know a lowered immune system could show up in a complete blood count? Pregnancy is known to lower the immune system too.
    Last edited by O_O; 11-11-17 at 20:11.

Page 29 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread Information