Page 3 of 140 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Cervical and uterine pain and symptoms

Legitimately may have cervical cancer

I don't think you're meant to be able to see your cervix from the mirror... have I been a female wrong my whole life?

Re: Legitimately may have cervical cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    This thread is fu**ing insane.
    My mind is blown. Never would it have occurred to me this is even a thing to do. Let alone a good idea

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:04 ----------

Mind you, I'd have happily had all my bits removed at puberty ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh goodness, hun I wish you the best, but that's an area best left for those( ie doctors)who know what they are looking for looking at. I'm bad enough with the stuff I can see without tools to help me look for more things to worry about....
    Take care xxx

There are comments from people on this thread who really should know better after the time they have been on this forum.

Yes I agree home examination of the cervix is not a good idea for a whole number of reasons but being dismissive of the OP is not acceptable.

This is an anxiety forum and people may well not be processing information logically. While it is fine to point out "wonky thinking" posting just to ridicule members is not allowed.

Please reign it in.

I don't mind! Although to be honest I'm kind of surprised that everyone thinks this is an irrational fear, given I have a white plaque on my cervix. I do accept that self examination of the cervix is a little unusual and extreme, but maybe it's a good thing I did or this would have been missed.

From the photos, I could tell my doctor thought it looked dodgy though she obviously wasn't willing to give a diagnosis until she's examined me again. She insists the white bit wasn't there when she examined me before but it definitely was because I took a photo of it that same day, and she can see it in the photo. So that doesn't fill me with confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    I don't mind! Although to be honest I'm kind of surprised that everyone thinks this is an irrational fear, given I have a white plaque on my cervix. I do accept that self examination of the cervix is a little unusual and extreme, but maybe it's a good thing I did or this would have been missed.

From the photos, I could tell my doctor thought it looked dodgy though she obviously wasn't willing to give a diagnosis until she's examined me again. She insists the white bit wasn't there when she examined me before but it definitely was because I took a photo of it that same day, and she can see it in the photo. So that doesn't fill me with confidence.
    Are you sure she wasn't just shocked at a patient presenting her with a photo they'd taken of their own cervix? Did the doctor express any surprise or advise you about the risks of infection from self-examination?

I don't think it is your fear that people are struggling with at all as that's something folk understand only too well. For me it's the way you've taken self examination (the over-zealous prodding and poking your body too hard, etc.. that we're familiar with with HA) to a whole different level. I'm worried you're going to make yourself sore and get an infection.

Quote Originally Posted by Annaboodle View Post
    Are you sure she wasn't just shocked at a patient presenting her with a photo they'd taken of their own cervix? Did the doctor express any surprise or advise you about the risks of infection from self-examination?

I don't think it is your fear that people are struggling with at all as that's something folk understand only too well. For me it's the way you've taken self examination (the over-zealous prodding and poking your body too hard, etc.. that we're familiar with with HA) to a whole different level. I'm worried you're going to make yourself sore and get an infection.
    She was surprised, yes, but based on the photos she wants to look at me again. And she asked me to email them to her. She's already preemptively scheduled a gynecologist appointment for me. She said she'd be "very surprised" if it was anything malignant, given her examination of me the other day and given that lots of people have examined me during the miscarriage... but the fact is, she didn't see the white bit the other day even though it was there (photo evidence). And when I was being examined during my miscarriage I was bleeding most of the time so it wouldn't really have been visible.

I'm very careful with hygiene so an infection is the least of my worries.

Ok, I'm guessing that no amount of people telling you that examining your own cervix is an extremely bad idea is going to convince you as you obviously steadfastly believe in what you're doing. To be honest I don't think you're going to get a lot out of posting on here as we're trying to help you with your health anxiety. Good luck with your appointment with the gynaecologist.

Could it be yeast? I know my vagina turns white when I have a yeast infection. I have never looked at my cervix though.

I think some of the comments on here aren't helpful. 0_0 is clearly really stressed, if she wasn't haven't an extremely difficult time with her health anxiety at the moment - of course she wouldn't be doing these things. When my health anxiety was at its worse a few years ago, I was asking my other half to take photos of a mole on my backside with a DSLR camera then upload it and zoom in. YES, I can laugh about it now - but please remember, when you are in the grips of health anxiety we can ALL act irrationally. Comments like "this thread is insane" are not helpful at all, sorry - just my thoughts on this.

0_0 I understand what you are going through, I really do. If you ever need to talk to me you know I am here. I really hope you can access the help you need to get you through this difficult time you are having. I have been there, it is awful, and sadly it appears I am back there again.

Have you ever read any books to help with health anxiety? I think I mentioned this in another thread either you or I posted, but I recently got hold of a copy of 'Overcoming Health Anxiety' I am yet to read it (mainly cause my anxiety is so bad I struggle to concentrate at the moment) but if it is any good I will let you know.

Sending you love and strength. It takes courage to post about our fears and how they can affect our thoughts and actions. Never feel ashamed of your feelings. Talking helps. I understand xxx

Page 3 of 140 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information