Page 33 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Cervical and uterine pain and symptoms

Re: Legitimately may have cervical cancer

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    I don't want to make a promise in case I don't keep it! But yes I'd certainly be more inclined to go back to therapy, and I know that's what I should probably do. Unless a negative result from the doctor cures me of course.

I'm also going to try not to self examine! I have managed to cut down on that a bit. Progress.
    I can't believe it. It will not heal you, it might make you feel better for a while until you come up with another worry. I can't believe how little you seem to actually want real help that could really heal you permanently and only focus to your current HA issue.

I suppose it's to do with how legitimate I feel my health concerns are. I feel like they're legitimate, so mental health in secondary. Therein lies the problem, I guess.

I know I'm probably being really stupid.

They are only "legitimate" based on your own DIY diagnostic theories which are heavily influenced by HA. Wait for the legitimate result-that's if there ever will be one which you can accept?

I think if both the tests are HPV negative, I can accept that.

Also, I know this sounds mental, but I feel like if I get help for the anxiety then I'm admitting that it's all just in my mind and that's sort of jinxing it? Like it's giving the universe an opportunity to play a trick on me. Whereas if I'm prepared for the worst, the universe can't really trick me. Yeah, I know...

I understand how you wish to stay in control and stay one step ahead but in fact you are tripping yourself up

'Ithink if both the tests are HPV negative, I can accept that.'

No you won't accept it...you'll doubt the validity of the tests

There will always be a reason/excuse to doubt the validity of the tests. It's very predictable

I really don't think the home tests are as accurate, I think I may have given myself false hope. I need to wait for the doctor test.

I'm even scared of getting a false positive, which can happen apparently, and getting needlessly anxious.

Anyway, if the doctor test is positive I'm going to make sure I get a colposcopy appointment right away and bypass the gynecology appointment. I wish I hadn't told my mum, because she was so happy at the results, and I don't want to have to tell her they're wrong.

I really hope I get another negative.

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    I really don't think the home tests are as accurate, I think I may have given myself false hope. I need to wait for the doctor test.

I'm even scared of getting a false positive, which can happen apparently, and getting needlessly anxious.

Anyway, if the doctor test is positive I'm going to make sure I get a colposcopy appointment right away and bypass the gynecology appointment. I wish I hadn't told my mum, because she was so happy at the results, and I don't want to have to tell her they're wrong.

I really hope I get another negative.
    And then what will you do?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    And then what will you do?
    I'll go to the gynecology appointment since it's arranged, but won't need a colposcopy appointment or acetic acid test probably.

Page 33 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread Information